1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by kaseyn1, Jun 9, 2010.

1. kaseyn1

kaseyn1 Junior Member
    from Indiana

I've come across a 5 year old 8.2 vee. They would take the current fisher mounts off my truck and mount up the boss stuff and wiring, everything out the door for 2700. They started at 3 and I thought 2500 would be pretty good but wanted some other opinions before I pull the trigger.

It's steel, some 'normal' surface rust, and easy hitch (is that what they call it?).

Anyhow, any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

If the plow works and in decent shape it sounds like a good deal to me.

FIREDUDE26 Member

as long as theres no major damage that is a great price, your getting mount, wiring, and plow and its installed, yup good deal
  4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

It sounds good to me. My 8'2" Poly V was 4-5 years old when i bought it. It came with mount, wiring, and handheld for $2500. I installed it my self. For $2700 with a complete package plus an install, I say it is a great deal. A little bit of sanding and paint, and it will look brand new again. What kind of shape is the cutting edge in? The new edges with curb guards are pretty expensive, so if yours are in good shape its a plus. Do you have pictures?. Also do you know if they have the smart lock cylinders? If they do, the price is that much better.
    It is called the Smart hitch 2. Boss is very easy to work on, if you have problems. It is rare they have problems, but when you do it is easy to figure out. Your going like plowing with a V, and your going to like plowing with a Boss :nod:

5. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

seems like a hell of a deal to me. Go for it!:drinkup:
  6. kaseyn1

kaseyn1 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks everyone! I went for it today, actually I just got home with it. I'll have to take some pictures today or tomorrow. I think I did pretty well. The cutting edge still has a couple of inches left on it. It does not have the smart locks though.

When I went to try and get it, I got pretty nervous about the 'good ole boy' that was going to do the install.... I'm sure he knew what he was doing, but I just felt better about having a dealer install it with new bolts and such instead of the piles of misc. pieces he had laying around in the grass :)

So I got the complete plow, wiring, truck mounts, joystick controller in the bed of my truck for $2,000. I'm pretty excited!
  7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on the purchase. You stole that for $2,000. Make sure to post pictures. The V will still plow great with out the smart locks, that isn't a big deal. Why not do the install your self. As long as your mechanically inclined and have tools the install is easy.