1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal? Western Pro Plow Plus.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by YergInNY, Oct 24, 2008.

1. YergInNY

YergInNY Junior Member

Hey there folks! I am wanting to get in the business for this winter. I want to get a good deal, i think i have found one. Can you please help me with the figuring out if i can consider this a good deal.

(FYI, I consider a good deal something that i could sell for at least $1,000 more then the asking price.)

1 winter old 8' western pro plow plus. Pin on wings. Back drag blade. Ultra Mount. Stored inside all off season.

The mount is what i need for my truck. It is included.

Wiring is what i need for my truck. It is included.

$3,600 is the price.

Owner suggests that the plow is valued at $6,800 new.

What do you guys think? Could i make a grand on this? Not that i want to re-sell it, just what i use to define a good deal.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  2. 2005DMAX

2005DMAX Junior Member

I don't know where he gets $6800. I priced one from my dealer NEW $4200 out the door. The wings are another $550. I don't know about the back drag edge.
  3. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

With that price, the back drag edge would be about $1500 plus about $500 ti install the whole setup..... No way, I would maybe pay $2,500 possibly $3k.... doubtful though....

Also, how "hard" was this plow used?
  4. YergInNY

YergInNY Junior Member

Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the help on this site! I am in the same ball park you guys are. I am offering $2,800
  5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

2800 sounds fair. i paid 4200 for my 8' pro plus installed. good luck youll love the pro plusussmileyflag
  6. YergInNY

YergInNY Junior Member

He is standing strong at $3,800. Oh well. Guess THIS isn't the plow for ME.
  7. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I just bought a 9' pro plus with wings for $4870.. I am doing the install myself still have to wire the truck side then let it snow..
  8. roadstar

roadstar Junior Member
    from Indiana

FWIW-I just bought a 2 year old (like new, really) 8' Pro Plus. This thing is near perfect. For the used plow, NEW mount and receivers, NEW wiring and NEW handheld control I paid $3000 out the door. $3800 seems a little high, even installed.
  9. ankealkasp

ankealkasp Junior Member
    from midwest

I picked up a barely used Western 7.5 Pro last spring for $2300.
  10. LockwoodLawn

LockwoodLawn Junior Member

I was offered a Western 7' 6" Uni-mount plow & joystick, but no mount or wiring. for about $1500 does this sound like a good deal? He said it had only been used on his driveway and never commercially. I plan on putting it on a 03 GMC Sierra, and just was checking. I went to a local dealer and they told me 4550 for a new one installed.