1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal or Not

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by hydro_37, Dec 28, 2009.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Local Sno-Way dealer quoted me $5929 for a new Mega V (the MBV2) with a wired remote with a deflector and the shoes. He will take my LOBO in trade (it is in great shape) Installation is $650 and $250 to take my plow off. Was offering me a trade difference of $5929. What do you guys think?
    I am going to the Boss dealer tomorrow to see what they will do on a new V. He is only 10 miles away and the Sno-Way dealer is 35 miles from me.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is $650 common for an install?

3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

First would you really want to rely on a Mega V with the people that you know that have fought with this blade? Have you been going to McD's every day for their Special Oylimpics sandwiches Tim?

Second, sounds like you are paying them to take off your blade and giving it to them? That is about what I paid for mine last year with tax. I did my own install, but they qouted me install for $250 with the blade purchase if I chose to go that route. I would say that that sounds like a Snoway deal to me. AKA you are getting screwed. I will PM you my cell if you need help in deciding to go with Boss give me a call

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Seems like a great deal for the dealer!!! Retail price plus a install not to mention a Lobo which they will dump for $$$ 2500..... I have seen the Mega V for $6000.00 w/install canadian!!!

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sounds like I will be getting a Boss if I do decide to get a new plow this year.
    Boss installed with NO trade was $6300 tax included
    Hinicker V installed was $6100 No trade
    ANOTHER Sno-Way customer lost.