1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal or Not?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by edshipp19, Mar 7, 2003.

1. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Is $3100 a good price for a brand new mm2 Fsher 8.5 EZ-V assembled but not installed?

2. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. I paid $3800 last year for a mm1 8.5 V-Plow installed...

3. drobson

drobson Senior Member

that is a good price, I paid $3295 for my MM2 8' straight blade. So it's actually a great price... I would have preferred to go with the V, live and learn I guess....

4. myo

myo Senior Member

Sounds like a real good deal.

5. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

good deal, got a quote last years, over 8 000 instaled around here:(

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Sounds like a pretty good price,from what I've seen of the US pricing.

Denis - $8000.00 CDN is pretty steep.Around here they go for just over $7000.00 installed,for the average joe.Prices are discounted further if your buying multiple plows.Still way more expensive than in the US.That $3100.00 US would be like $5200.00 CDN.Geez,for that price i'll take 10.Even the last batch of 9ft straight blades cost us 5800.00 two years ago !

7. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

Chris- You're right, I have last years quote in my hand( I'am the averege joe, I' am solo, no fleet discount) 8.5 = $7 800, 9.5 $8 665.

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Well if your ever looking for a deal on another blade,just let me know.I'll make it worth the drive up here,and we can go for a few :drinkup:

9. SnoFoilFisher21

SnoFoilFisher21 Member

I think that is a great deal, Jump on it!:D

10. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

That is 40% off of list so that is a great price, does that come with a fishstick and peculiar kit. At that price the dealer has to be losing money because they can't buy them that cheap from the factory.

11. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I just picked the plow up today. Hopefully will have time to ibstall it sometime this week!! But then of course it definitely won't snow again. It came with everything, fishstick and peculiar kit. One question though, this is my first new plow experince, it did not come with a cutting edge which is fine, but do i put one on before using it or should i wear the plow edge itself down a little first? And on another note, it seems where everyone was complaining about creases in the moldboard(thread with all the the pics) On mine there is a steel plate welded over that whole area as to beef it up a bit. Just wandering if anyone else has a new V and noticed this.

12. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

You should probably run it for a while before you put on the cutting edge, the steel plate that you see on your plow will probably crease (all of the plows have this same plate) I have creases in all mine but they still perform the same as when I bought them.

13. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Thanks for the response P&J

14. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Brian,

I hope someone with an EZV will chime in, but I am 99% positive you need to have an edge on that plow!:eek: :confused:

I could not run my MVP on the base angle(trip edge) alone!:nono: It would destroy the plow! In fact, the shoe brackets are below the base angle.

All of the new 8.5 EZV's I have ever seen had a cutting edge on them. Fisher does paint them yellow unlike Western. Although, the new EZV edge I bought for my Western as a replacement this past storm, was not painted.

Are you sure there is no edge bolted on? Are the carraige bolts in? If not than there is definitly not an edge on it!

Did you get my email?

Greg

15. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Mine is a Fisher straight blade 7.5' but I've been running on the trip edge for three years trying to wear it down enough to put a U edge on it. I think I'm about ready now. I would think the V is basically the same. Actually it's recommended that you wear down the trip edge an inch or so before putting an edge on it.

16. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

mine didn't come with a cutting edge... the dealer told me to wear it in for a season before I put one on it. He said not to let the base angle to get worn to less that 4 inches or it will start wearing into the springs... I plowed last year and this year and it's still not worn down even an inch.. and even then it's mostly on the outside edges. I think I will buy my cutting edges soon but probably won't put them on until it's worn down some more.

17. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

OK OK !! Remember, I gave myself that 1%:eek:

I just went out and measured my Western base angle, and it's only 2.5". So. if they say to wear the Fisher base angle down to 4", it must be a longer one to start with:)

Hey, everyone's entitled to at least one mistake! LOL!!!

Greg:D

18. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

the base angle is 6 inches... so they say to wait until 1-2 inches have worn off...

19. nben

nben Senior Member

Hey edshipp19,
    Any chance of getting some photos of that A-frame? I am curious to see if Fisher changed their design like Western has.

And yes, you will want to run that base angle in for a least one season.:D

20. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

Dockboy
    O.K. I am letting you off the hook for the one mistake but you are going to pay for the other mistakes J/K, The yellow cutting edge you see on the fishers is actually the trip edge for the plow, the only cutting edge I have ever seen is black. The cutting edge is actually an accessory in the fisher book, it isn't included in the price of the plow. Just messing with you dockboy, oh ya does this qualify me as having a EZV :D :D :D

642.jpg