1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal or not????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MRNDAD, Nov 6, 2008.

1. MRNDAD

MRNDAD Junior Member

Hi fellas...I got my Diamond plow all adapted to my 2006 Duramax and ready to do the wiring. As far as the pump wiring goes...the harness I have on hand from the truck it used to be on (97 F-350) appears to be all I need...it will be installed Saturday. As far as the lights go, it has been a nightmare going thru my local dealers. I have been getting conflicting answers and exorbitant prices. I currently have Trucklite lights mounted on the plow frame. I understand and agree that it would be near impossible to wire these to my truck and expect it to work due to the daytime running light issue. No problem..I will upgrade to Nite Sabers. The issue is...the cheapest price I can get from a NH meyers dealer is $800.00. I went on Ebay and found a dealer advertising there from Bernville, Pennsylvania (Storks Auto..to be exact). The fella I talked to told me the Night saber lights I needed are $365.00....and the "Module set" I needed is $133.00..plus the $12.00 shipping fee comes to $520.00 total. A hell of a lot cheaper than $800.00 from a local dealer. He said with these 2 items..I am all set to hook up the plow lights to my Duramax with no problem. He said that I will have to still "Tap into" side markers and turn lights but the headlights will be pretty much "plug and play" and the instructions for tapping into turns and markers will come with the package. I went ahead and ordered these items and am hoping for a Saturday delivery. Question 1 for you fellas....is the price I paid reasonable and question 2...do you agree that this is all I will need to make the plow lights work?? You were all very helpful on my mounting issues and again, I thank you in advance for your input and thoughts on my lighting issues. Have a great day!!!!!

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  3. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

lights

I called Angelos and told them what i needed and they hooked me up. I got everything at a pretty good price. I would try them, but ebay is cheaper on the modules.
    Thanks, Ron

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For $375 I'd say they were the new Night Saber 2 series lights correct?

Not sure what you calling "modules" as the light modules are included with the lights. Like Jay mentioned, you do have to purchase the truck specific harness/adapter kit separately (approx $100-$120 for your truck) but the modules are included with the lights. So possibly the "modules that you bought separately for $133 was the adapter kit.

5. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Yes the $133 was for the Truck adapters and the day time running light relay kit.

6. MRNDAD

MRNDAD Junior Member

Again..thank you fellas very much..you have been a ton of help and a wealth of knowledge!! It kinda sucks that a fella can't get better service and pricing locally, but I guess that happens sometimes. Storks Auto, thank you very much for your help and I will definately keep you in mind if and when I need parts in the future. The Meyers owners in your area are lucky to have a good dealer like you.

7. MRNDAD

MRNDAD Junior Member

Update....On Saturday, my electrical whiz baby brother came and we wired up the plow harness. It all routed real well and we even took apart all the electrical connections and grounds to the plow pump, etc, cleaned them up real good and dosed them with dielectric grease upon reconnection. I was nervous about the initial test (due to reading posts here a lot and seeing the issues fellas have been dealing with re: motors not working...functions of the plow acting funny due to bad coils, etc. I must say when we powered up the touch controller and tested the plow functions, I was one happy camper!!. That thing worked like it was brand new!!!..no hesitations...no slow functions..no leak downs..nothing but perfect function!!..The nite sabers and wiring adaptor that was due to arrive Saturday never did show up but thats ok. They did arrive via UPS about an hour ago so I did a quick inventory and everything appears to be there so Saturday we will install them. Then I can hardly wait for the first plowable storm to hit me. Been doing the yard clean up the past few years with my Kubota but it is going to be nice to do it from the comfort of the heated cab of my Duramax.