1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good deal or not ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtremesuperduty, Dec 5, 2003.

1. xtremesuperduty

xtremesuperduty Junior Member

I just wanted to get you opinions on this. I have found a 2000 8ft boss poly plow with the quick hitch used for personal drive way ( like new) for $1750 is that a good deal? I would need to buy the frame for the truck because it is on a 2000 gmc and I have a 03 ford f250 and that part is about $500 plus $375 to install any one ever put one on is it easy or should I pay the $375 ? and they told me i would need to add a leaf to my powerstroke because they dont recomend putting a plow on it . any one ever have this problem will it work with out the extra leaf?
    Sorry Im new at this !

2. J&JProperty

J&JProperty Member

I think the price for the plow sounds good providing its in good shape i.e. little use. As far as the push frame for your truck - check out Central Parts Wharehouse http://www.centralparts.com they usually have the stuff cheaper. Install is not a big deal, on the Super Duty you will need to drill 3 holes in the frame on each side for the push brackets. If you and your buds are mechanically inclined its easy. As far as the leaf spring - just add timbrens, I've got a 99 SD Ext. cab with the 7.3 powerstroke and run a 9'2" Boss V on it and have not had a problem.

Joe

3. xtremesuperduty

thanks for the info, good website, may consider a new plow with those prices.

4. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Howdy xtremesuperduty...

Install of the truck side stuff is no big deal. If I can do it....

Have you considered "X" code Ford springs? These babys come with the factory plow package and on trucks like the 450 and 550. Finally got my pair installed and all I can say is my F250 PSD should have come from the factory with these. Night and day difference. If you're interested, do a search for them. And IF you decide to do the install, you'll have the front end taken apart anyway. Great time for a GREAT addition. Timbrens will do the job, but these springs are the hot ticket!!

Dan

5. xtremesuperduty

Sound like a good idea do you know how much the x code springs cost you or where to get them?

Also i was wondering if any one knows if an air shock or air bag set up would work to stiffen the frontend when the plow is on.