1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal or Not for $2,200....??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Aug 13, 2014.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Used BX10, FIRM @ $2,200

It is a 350 mile round trip @ 13 mpg = $105 in fuel, plus a full day

The shoes look worn, but I would just add plate steel to them

Yes or No, I need a steel edge to scrape, this is not a "Buy an Arctic, their way better" type of thread, just want to know if its priced right, for my time and money?

Thank you,

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I have no clue what they go for new but that seems like a decent deal. Looks to be in great shape.
  3. MatthewG

I should have researched a little more, I got a price of $2,560 plus tax = $2,713

$408 more and I can skip the long drive and avoid any shoe plating, welding, touch up painting, etc.

Comments welcome...
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Just buy new. What happens if you get in a wreck, get a flat tire, or are abducted by aliens to save a few hundred bucks and spend all day doing this? $2000 even, ya, sure.

It reminds me of things I've done thinking I was saving a few dollars only to break even or actually costing me more. I bought a new chop saw a couple weeks ago after looking around for used ones and not finding anything I really liked for much less than I bought a new one on sale for. I could have search pawn shops and dealt with craigslisters to save a little or I could have just gone to Lowes, which I did.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

For that difference in price I would just buy new
  6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

That is a pretty good deal.
  7. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

I vote new. Its gunna be a GOOD winter!!
  8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I'd buy new as well. A day of my time is worth more than that bit of savings, plus it's not just fuel, it's milage on the truck/trailer...
  9. Usedsnowplows

Usedsnowplows Inactive

Too close to new price to justify the drive. There are a few areas that wear on these boxes that are not obvious to the average buyer. You need to buy this at 1500 to justify it used. It is the best on the market, but trust me, for 400 more buy the new one.
  10. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Look pretty nice. I might say offer 2000.
  11. MatthewG

Cant, FIRM at 2,200 if cash, otherwise its listed at 2,400

Anyway I got another price from a Boss Distributor $2,638 with tax, so now its less that $350 to go new. I'm ordering the new one....

Anyone else want one?

Ill sell my 10' Buyers for $1600ish