1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal or no!!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bindlestiff, Jan 20, 2009.

1. bindlestiff

bindlestiff Junior Member

I saw an 05 2500 quads cab for $14,000 at local Ford dealer. 45,000 miles.
    I've been a Ford guy for 50 years, but don't like all the chrome on the front of the super duty. I like the look of the Dodge, even if I'll need a step ladder to get in, and out.

I haven't plowed in a long tme, but I remember I used to like it.
    Just looking for some opinions from you Dodge guys. I drove a car carrier for over twenty years, and was impressed with the strength. of those power wagons I delivered.

I'm reaching the end of the line with the snow blower, especially in the wet stuff. I also have a nice old lady for a neighbor...so I do her drive too. {paying back some favors.}

I've tried paying to have it done, but they showed up with 1/2" of snow, and not till the next day when we'd get a two footer. Don't get offended, I know not everyone's like that.
    I just don't have much luck hiring people.

The dodge has the 5.7 hemi. I haven't taken it for a drive yet, so things are still up in the air.

I was going to get a smaller truck, but I think I'd rather go more than big enough, than barely enough.

TIA for any replies

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Ofcourse in this forum you will get lots of Dodge lovers telling you buy it. You can do a bit better on price I bet. But I would buy it. Dodges are the best when it comes to plowing. For few grand more you can hunt down a CTD I bet. Then you got a real plow truck.

3. bader

bader Junior Member

not to hijack but on the same subject i saw an 07 2500 quad cab short bed with ctd 23000mi and its the bighorn for 26000 i wish i didnt have a bike to pay for

4. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

I paid 13,500 for mine in Oct. It had 40,000 miles on it and is loaded. I think yours sounds like a good deal.

5. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

I think that sounds like a good deal too, especially at a dealer price. I have an 05 Ram 2500 and it has treated me pretty well. Plows great.