1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good deal or no???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by shade tree, Dec 19, 2008.

1. shade tree

shade tree Junior Member

came across this truck the other day while driving, 92 Blazer 4x4 w/ 105k miles on it with plow and salt spreader. they are asking 4k for it. Def would not pay the the 4 for it but thinking of going in there and offering them between 2500-3000 cash...what do you guys think? are these any good to plow with?

2. shade tree

shade tree Junior Member

i know the pic says a different price on the window, but 4k is what they are asking...positive on that
  3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

It looks kinda beat may cost more in the long run. Wimpy front end and hard used. If you decide you want it I would have a mechanic put it on the lift before you buy it.
  4. shade tree

shade tree Junior Member

def has seen its better days, and would not put a dollar down until my mechanic takes a look. I'm just asking though that if I can get it at the rite price, and everything checks out do you think its a good deal for a plow truck?
  5. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I think the price is reasonable. I also have a buddy that uses the same truck for plowing and loves it.
  6. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

kinda hard to carry a pallet of salt in that thing. had a blazer years ago for plowing. biggest problem was you could never see out the back window.
  7. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

its on e bay too
  8. cbriggs.pm

cbriggs.pm Junior Member

depends on your plans for it.. clean out a camp? small working yard? your own driveway and maybe a neighbor. yea why not. 305 or 350 in it? either way in my opinion by the looks of it i wouldnt count on using it for business. i would say for around 4 grand you could find a mid to late 90's 2500 that would def do a better job and surely hold up better. look around before you make your final decision