1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal or bad deal?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by qwkdrwmgw, Dec 5, 2013.

1. qwkdrwmgw

qwkdrwmgw Junior Member

I'm looking at a 2002 John Deere GX345 with 615 hrs it comes with power steering, cruise, 20hp Kaw. Liquid cooled, 48" deck, 48" snowblower, 48" plow, encloser for driver, a Brinley leaf vac w/6.5 hp motor, chains. Everything seems to be kept up exept it has set for a cpl years and idles a little rough. What kinda value am I looking at here? I think I can get it all for around 3500 is this good or not?
    Thanks. Scott
  2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Why did it sit for 2 years? Was it stored inside? I would add up all the cost new originally then subtract 10 % for each year used then compare prices. I have a JD X724 and it's a beast, you can't stop it. A few years back I got prices for all that stuff also and it was expensive as heck.I want to say the snowblower alone was over $ 4000. I bought a plow instead since I also plow commercial lots.
  3. qwkdrwmgw

qwkdrwmgw Junior Member

He told me that he moved from a country home to an in town home and no longer used it. He said it would take him longer to get it all set up. Than what it would take him to do the job with a walk behind. Everything was store indoors the entire time. I'll see if I can get prices on what it would have cost new, then figure using the 10% scale.
    Thanks Scott