1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal on Western Pro-Flo 2?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Q101ATFD, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

We're using magic salt, which doesn't work in my spreader, which is in it's last season, without a vibrator. I'm looking for another spreader and came across this Western Pro-Flo 2. It's the first revision Pro-Flo 2. I'm going to look at it later - is there anything I should be cautious of? Does the price seem reasonable? The price looks a bit high for me... What do you guys think??

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It looks to be in a good shape. I know my buddy was going to buy one and those things go for close to 3 grand brand new. I told my buddy he might as well spend a little more and buy a v box. I was looking at CPW and they have the Fisher speedcaster one which is the exact same spreader going to $2900. That price seems pretty good for that unit, but you wave a little cash in front of him and you can probably get it for $1000 or so. Good Luck.

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

They have a buyers controller there...so they have been hacking on the harness or replaced it...be sure the gear box is in good shape, the replacements for the old style pro flo are stupid expensive

4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Wow was that spreader jacked up... He didn't have the plastic top cover, he made his own wiring harness, cut off the CHMSL wire on the spreader side, didn't have any connectors for the controller. And, to boot, the Buyers controller only had 2 inches of wire coming out the back so I didn't have enough room to put a new connector on. What a boodoggle! I offered him $950 for it as is for all the extra wiring and splicing I would have to do. He said that he already turned down multiple offers for $1,000.

Glad I didn't get involved with that. Thanks for the input guys - the search continues...