1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal on used meyers, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BillA, Dec 14, 2011.

1. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

Had a guy offer me an old meyers custom mount plow set-up (blade, pump, wiring, ect) for $150, he says it works but heres the catch...the frame came off a Jeep Wrangler and I was thinking about putting it on a 92 Full-size blazer we have. How hard is it to make that work and is it worth it? Better yet, does anyone have a frame for a Blazer?

2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

The mount for your Blazer would probably set you back 4-500 for a used one, expecaly this time of year.

Is it a classic mount? if so take the center section (part the tube goes in and the plow pins to) and build a mount for your truck.

Only thing is if it was on a Wrangler, the blade may be to narrow for your full sized blazer.

I bought a mount from a 94 F350 that was modded to fit a 99 F350, modded it to fit a 89 Grand Wagoneer (full sized) then modded it to fit my 97 F250 (my avatar) when the frame rusted into two on the Waggy...

150 bucks is cheap, I would but it for parts but your to far away....
    But 150 being cheap, does it work? you may end up replacing everything that moves on it but if you get the parts off eBay (good parts) you will still have less in it then a new one.

3. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

Yea, it seemed like a good deal either way. Maybe I will just buy a Jeep to put it on lol! Thanks for the input

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Even if the plow was free it would be a bad deal.

5. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Your just a hater of Meyer Plows:realmad::laughing:

I have a Cj5 I would sell you, like most CJ's the body has more bondo then metal... But I am not sure its worth the drive from IL to look at it :laughing: