1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal On Ultramount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by J.R. Services, Nov 15, 2009.

1. J.R. Services

J.R. Services Senior Member

Is $2850 a good deal for a 7'6" western ultra mount complete with wiring and mounted on my truck? Thanks for the input

2. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Sounds like it...pro series? or pro plus?

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

that sound like a good deal.

4. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

New / used? Pictures would help.

5. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

Ultramounts have only been on the market for approx. 7 years so yes the price sounds good as long as the plow looks to be in good condition and is a direct fit for your truck. Not only make sure that the mount is correct but that the headlight harness is correct.

6. J.R. Services

Update: Actually I ended up buying a 05 ultramount pro plow 7'6" with wiring for $2,300 guy wired it up for me for $70 but i need different light adaptors. Came with everything including mount for 05-08 ford that i have for sale if anyones interested. Will get pics asap. But have a question: will controller only work (turn on/off) if plugs are connected to plow?:confused: or is the box bad and I need a new one? Thanks

7. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

i have never tried but you would think it would turn on but i could be wrong

8. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Plow has to be hooked up for the controller to light up.

9. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Plow needs to hooked up for the controller to light up.

10. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

Even with the plow hooked up I am not sure it will work if the wiring is ISO module. I believe you need the headilght harness's to complete the grounds

11. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Yes....good deal....woulda went with an 8' to cover your wheel base....but you did good

12. J.R. Services

The plan was to find a 8 or 8.5 but but couldnt pass this up. Put a set of wings on it and ill be up to 9.5

13. J.R. Services

14. J.R. Services