1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal on insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Mick, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Got an email from my insurance agent a couple months ago that the company that has my General Liability policy also wanted to write my Commercial Vehicle insurance. Policy was set to renewed in December so she was going to contact me in Nov to discuss it. I'd gotten the renewal notice - $1408 for two trucks. Well, she called today and the GL company is quoting $1100 for the same vehicles. But, where the old liability limits were $50,000 (state minimum), they won't write for less than $300,000. So I save $300 (21%) and get $250,000 more coverage. And every year, the GL price goes down.

Just thought I'd write a good insurance story for a change. :waving:

2. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

I was quoted $6400 for me, 1 Truck, full coverage w/ 500 ded. Im 20yrs old and 1 accident, but he said what hurt me was the fact that I only wanted it for snowplowing, I dont realy do any other landscaping or any thing else in the summer. (i work in a bodyshop) :yow!:

3. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

You need to find a good Erie Insurance agent. $6400 is nuts.

I got hooked up with a local Erie agent (took a few phone calls to different Erie agents though) and he hooked me up with Commercial Auto/General Liability for right around $800 a year for JUST snow plowing. Not too shabby. :)

4. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Mick is that GL & Commercial Insurance rolled up into one bill of $1100? Even if its not, you have two trucks insured for less than what I pay on my half ton alone. My GMC is even more.

5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Mick,

That is a good deal. Saving cash as well that is even better.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

crashz, no that's just the Commercial Vehicle portion. That's for full coverage on a '96 Chevy 3500 (even though it's paid for I wanted to keep the full coverage) and liability only on a '90 Dodge 1/2 ton.

GL is around $800.

7. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Mine is so high because I have an accident, in wich my ins co. paid out $9500, for my car, it was my fault, and I have a speeding ticket, all in the summer of 03' so I have 2 years to go before it comes off my record, and my age kills it also, im 20.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Erie will not touch him at his age and driving record. I pay about 950/yr right now for commercail insurance 500/ded on collision. New policy due in Jan 05 and I am sure it will go up like everything else does.