1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal on an 97 F350

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by CAT 245ME, Dec 25, 2009.

1. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice truck. I doubt it has only plowed one driveway though... You dont buy a fairly new Boss V blade just to plow your driveway..

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

While the plow is still in good shape its certainly not new or of the newer style of the boss V's.

4. SuperdutyShane

Thats true. I said fairly new in terms of its good condition, but never thought that it might have just been used lightly and that is why. Maybe its just me but a 350 and a V seems overkill for a driveway? I guess it depends on the driveway :confused:

5. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

6. CAT 245ME

I know a fella that has a fairly new Chevy Silverado and he put a brand new Fisher V plow on the truck about two years ago and he only plows his own driveway, no others.

7. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

why not. if i had a 4x4 f 350 kickin' around, it would have a plow...... if i had the $$ it would be a v plow. who knows how big his driveway is. could be 3 miles for all we know.

not a bad deal.

8. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Nice truck, would like to have that plow for me:)

9. SuperdutyShane

Making a smart decision! :laughing:

10. SuperdutyShane

Thats true. I guess like someone said we never know what his driveway is like.

11. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Ad's gone....

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Driveway could be anything from a 200ft country driveway to one like AK boss's driveway. Or it could be like at some farms where their "driveway" needs it's own road map and gas station to find your way around.

13. CAT 245ME

Must have sold, the truck was also listed on the Halifax site as well.

14. timberjack

timberjack Member

I'm one of those who only do my own driveway and yard. Though i live in the country on a 2500 acre parcel of timber land i also make my living off of, so in one way it's combined personal/commercial use.

My driveway is about 600' long with farmland on the north and west sides of it, so i get plenty of high drifts, and i do about 3 acres in my yard for machinery parking and work area. I also keep some other trails open so i can access some of the storage buildings without a snowmachine. I do about 90 minutes of plowing after each event, so for me a plow is a no brainer. I have log skidders, tractors and Cat dozers up to D9, but it's a lot easier to just fire up a pickup and be able to sit in a comfy cab. :) When i retire, i'll be able to get along with just doing the driveway, and a smaller area for parking a couple vehicles.

I also have the problem that the local road crew is a bit sluggish to get to our concession road in the morning, sometimes not till 11 am, and if i have to get to the highway, i need to plow my way out too, just over a mile.

So, there are a few of us that will buy a new plow just for personal use. I usually use mine for 6-7 winters, though i only kept the last one for 5, because i wanted to move to a "V" this winter. I always get great interest when it's time to get a new one, as the neighbors know it's a well treated plow, and my last plow sold right off to the first one that came to check it over. Hell, there wasn't even 1/4" of wear off the original cutting edge, but i think plowing only on a frozen snow base keeps the wear down. I've never had the need to touch concrete or asphalt with any of my plows.