1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal on a 2007 Chevy 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Mar 5, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I've gotten the price of $28,800 for a 2007 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L V8, plow prep, reg cab long bed, cloth bench seat, w/t truck trim, am/fm rdio w/cd player, towing package, and auto tranny, skid plates, sliding rear window, roof lights (markers), with a 8' Western pro plow installed (included in price). Is this a good deal?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. NYplowboy

NYplowboy Member

mkwl,
    A good rule-of-thumb is, "the only person to get a good deal on a new car, is a new car dealer". I have the "05" version of that truck and plow combo, bought it in October "06" with 9000 miles, paid 19,500. If you want it and are willing to pay that price, then its a good deal for you. JMO

3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Thats about what I payed for my 05. Only difference was it had a fisher on it and was loaded. I would assume prices have gone up slightly in 2 years since I bought mine. What was the sticker price and the plow price?

4. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Sounds identical to mine i just picked up feb 26. 2007 classic 28,700 sticker, gave me 2600.00 off and 0% fo 60 months.

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

too much. I paid 24,500 after tax, plates and fees. Again that price is AFTER. The truck I bought is the same exact model and options with a 8ft western execpt mine is an 2006.

I'd pay 25k out the door including tax and such for that truck, anything more isnt worth it.

6. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i dont mean to come off like an old geaser, especially since im 20, are you financing the truck on your own, or are parents co signing. If your on your own you may have to buy new, but if you have a co signer then a used truck is the way to go, even if you get one with a few thousand miles on it. I put like 15K down on my truck including rebates and 2 years later i barely could get out of the truck if I had too. The depreciation hit you take almost makes it not worth it.

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Sounds high to me. Is that the price the dealer offered? What is the sticker price?

If you are looking for a bargain there are a lot of 2006s floating around that can be had for a better deal.

Good luck.

8. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I just looked it up and I payed 26,500 for my truck with a sticker of 33,200.(+3k for the plow) My neighbor has been looking at new trucks and he said ford and chevy are taking 9-10k off the sticker due to such poor sales in the area. I didn't buy used because they wanted $20,000 for something with 10-20 thousand miles on it. I would rather spend the money and get something that isn't used and abused by someone else.

9. jhook

jhook Senior Member

You guys make me want to cry. :mad:

My 04 2500HD ext cab short box SLE 4x4 listed at $45,000 here in Canada - without the plow. Granted, there is a bit of difference in the dollars but not nearly that much. Replacing it with an 08 that comes in about $48,000

10. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

If you want to spend that kind of money, come up and grab my buddy's loaded Duramax/Allison combo truck that I had listed in the For Sale section, and add the plow of your choice to it.

I agree with Jhook, you guys seem to get everything cheaper than we do. The truck I'm talking about was the better part of 60 grand here!
    :eek: :eek:

11. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

MSRP is about $28k without the plow, invoice is around $25. Assuming its a classic 07 that is.

I'd shoot for closer to $25k with the plow and see where it gets you as yo start walking toward the doorway.

Close to $30k for a regular cab work truck seems like alot to me...After the incentives some places are always touting 3/4 ecsb pickups for close to $20k...though I note that there are no longer and Chevy dealers near me...maybe they couldn't make any money?

12. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Ask them what the GM in the driveway price would be. If you decide you want it at that price, PM me and I'll help you out.

13. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

is it the new body or classic

14. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

One word insurance is going to kill you on that for being a brand new truck, at a young age. I'm not saying you couldn't afford the monthly payments and insurance and still have money to do what you want. But then you could find an 05 or 06 ext cab duramax with 30,000 or so and still be cheaper than the price for that 07.

15. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Insurance wont be that much. I am just a tad older than him and I only pay $100 per month per truck for full coverage on 30k trucks. IF you get Business Vechicle insurance its much cheaper since they dont look at age.

I was quoted 5 grand a year before and with commercial auto insurance its only 1200 per year per truck.

16. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Yupp commercial insurance is cheaper, that is why I got it. By the way I love your set up! I have been trying to find a dump like yours but you can't touch one with out spending $15,000 around here.

17. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

I agree with Mayhem, no more than $25k. When you're sitting in the waiting room every other day while the dealer is fixing everything that's wrong with it, you'll be cursing the fact that you paid $25k for it. If you pay $28.8k you'll probably hang yourself!

18. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

You can get a slightly used duramax for that... i'd pass.

19. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i just looked at an 04 duramax with 40k on it and it was 28,9000

20. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

If your lucky enough to find a leftover 2006 Duramax go that route... I bought mine, which stickered at $44xxx originaly for 32 and some change:redbounce

The 2007's have all that new emmissions crap for ultra low sulfur diesel anyhow