1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good deal? Good plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Atoetz, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Atoetz

Atoetz Junior Member

2. Loganab13

Loganab13 Member

That would be a decent plow, however, a 7'6" plow is usually considered a little small for a 3/4 ton truck. That isn't to say that it can't be done, but I feel you would be much happier with the added width of an 8-9 foot plow. Wings would also usually be a great addition to get you some added width (close to 9' on a 7'6" plow) but being a poly plow, i'm not sure if bolting up a set of wings would be an easy process. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong!

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Says it's for a F250 or F350. Truck side not work on tour truck. So that will be a added expense for you.

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I use to run a 8.5 Meyer Poly with Buyers Pro Wings. As long as you have some fabrication skills it's pretty easy to do. There are pics of what I did on here you just need to use the search function.

5. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Yeah, he says its for a Ford, but isn`t it on a Chevy in the pic?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Add at least a grand for parts to fit your truck. Meyer stopped supporting the Classic mount ten years ago. so the mounts he has won't fit newer then a 04 Ford.

7. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Presuming that your truck is an SRW, it should be fine.

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

To much $$ for a plow that is to narrow for your full sixe truck that will need more money thrown at it for it to work on your truck
    Pass.

9. Atoetz

Atoetz Junior Member

yes, in picture it is on his chevy truck...he had a mount fabricated for it to fit on chevy but is keeping that mount. He knows a guy will alter (weld, etc) the ford mount to make it fit my chevy for 200-300 because the classic mount is 800+ if you can find it.

Reason for 7.5 plow is narrow driveways with house on one side and fence posts on other not much wider than truck.

10. loyjms

loyjms Member

Looks like a good plow, buy it and put some wings on it.

11. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Dont do it .its to small for your truck, I had a 7,5 on one of my trucks when I bought it .It drove me nuts.