1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Good day" last Friday

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowin in VT, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

When your day seems bad, just think about mine.... That should make you smile and think yours isn't as bad!

The "day" started out at midnight when I left my house, something was telling me that I shouldn't go, but since when do I ever listen to my gut?

Problems:
    1:30am - blow a line on my 1 year old Fisher - no spares on me. Fortunately the shop is open, and I'm there by 2am, and out at 3:30am. (For those of you in the Burlington, VT area, GB Mechanical in Williston is open or on call 24 hours/day during storms!)

3:50am - blow fuse to my lighter (power for my strobe)

4:00am - finish shoveling, go into my truck, clean off my glasses, put them on, and the $#^%$# right lens popped out. Spent 30 minutes searching for it.

4:30am - Break brand new snow shovel

4:40am - blow a 2nd fuse to lighter/strobe

4:45am lost a bolt to the handle on my Toro Powerlite snowblower.

5:00am - while lifting said snowblower into my truck I felt a "pop" come from my right shoulder, and then nothing but terrible pain. 3 years ago the docs said that I'd need surgery eventually, but they didn't know when, but I would know when it was time.... Guess what, it's time!!! Can't do anything until Spring due to the 3 months of recoup. time

5:01am - 2:00pm - nothing unusual, other than the mind numbing pain associated with shoveling salt from the bed of my truck into my tailgate spreader.

2:01pm - spreader stops working - turns out that some wiring had come apart.

2:45pm - back on the road

2:46pm - blow a 3rd fuse to the lighter/strobe

5:30pm - start cleanup - blow 4th fuse to lighter

6:00pm - 2nd hydrolic line to my Fisher blows - again, no spare. Shop is closed, so I'm done till Monday.

9:00pm - I make it home

Kinda makes you feel better about your day, doesn't it?

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

maybe you should get a spare line:p

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

yeah i think you need a couple spare lines a box of fuses and a guy to do your shoveling

4. lumps

lumps Senior Member

That's the important part right there.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

At the second blown fuse, I would have stopped running the strobe.

6. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

that powerlite bolt in handle always comes loose!!

7. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i thought i had it bad cuz my wiper blade motor when out at 5 in the morning jeez my salutes to u

8. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I broke a nail ...Damn I liked that color....

9. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

x2..... but sounds like a really $H][tty day, better luck next time