1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good cheap insurance

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yamaguy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I have been looking into buying a plow for my truck to keep me busy this winter because of the slow down in construction. I would like to sub myself out, and I have a few questions. From what I read here will I have to provide my own Insurance? and where is a good place to get it? Thanks, Dale

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You could try going thru your auto insurance company. All they would do is swtich the insurance over to a business for say 6 months on just your truck. You wouldn't have to switch it over on your wifes car or anything. Make sence? I priced it for me and it was like 1200 for 6 months thru my auto insurance company. That was with 1 ticket too. They base it on your driving record and everything. I know there are cheaper places out there but it is a start. Good luck this winter.

Ryan

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Its hard to get GL coverage if your not self employed, commercial auto can be purchased from most carriers.
    Im not sure for subs if you need GL or not, when I subed I had commercial auto and GL. My plowing General Liability is an add on to my Contractors insurance. The add on is around 450 per year. Commercial auto for the 05 Ram is 1200. My other truck 95 Gmc liability only is 400 per year. I have Auto Owners for the trucks and GL.

4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Insurance

I Use American Family For Gl And It Is Relitivly Cheap I Think 750 And That Covers My Plow Year Round And Aginst Theft Etc And Also Covers Me Aginst Any Damage And What Not That Might Happen When I Am Plowing (the Norm Insurance Stuff) During The Snow Mos.