1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good bye Chevy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 20Silverado05, Oct 2, 2010.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

So pretty sure the trucks totaled now just waiting for the definate from insurance. It all happened in the Oneil tunel in Boston . A guy in a 2010 audi a4 was gettin on the highway in the tunnel and was going way to fast when he three lane swipped and broad sidded the truck and put it into the wall (truck was in the left lane) So here are some pics of it after the fact and a pic of what we are going to look at tomorrow and leaning towards getting next.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 20Silverado05

3. 20Silverado05

4. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Man that really sucks. Glad to see you are ok.

5. 20Silverado05

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Oh yeah thats totalled. Start getting your things out now. Sorry to hear about your bad luck man. Atleast no one was hurt and it wasn't snowing. What all do ya wanna sell. Strobes led bar, back rack? You know people will ask.

7. 20Silverado05

Insurance already took pictures with all the stuff on the truck and i just have to produce receipts so they cover it . But I grabbed my audio system, some stobes that werent smashed, Isolation module, HIDS, and some other stuff . But i didnt take anything that would be noticeable to insurance or the tow yard would get in trouble for it . so all said and done everything will be covered.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah the more you strip stuff off thats noticable they wont cover those things.

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Thats suck man!!! Glad your ok!

Make Sure you are getting paid for the aftermarket add ons!!! My Insurace Told me to take off EVERYTHING that was not stock on the truck! Ill take the light bar!!!

What Insurace do you have?

10. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

Glad you're ok. Definitely take everything off that is not stock. Insurance company's don't give a crap about that, unless you previously told them about it and added to insurance to cover, they will pay little as possible so make sure you show receipts for everything. It's been a while since I had a car totaled, but when the tow truck came to pick it up, the guy didn't look it over to make sure everything was there. He didn't care.

11. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Holy **** man i feel so bad for you..... What are you gonna do with out ur truck now? you gonna get a new since the insurence covered it? Or is that f-350 diesel yours over there?

12. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Glad to hear your ok man! Sucks about the truck, but it's possible replacement looks great!!

13. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Once the ins co looks at it, they wont see it again. Take your stuff off for your new truck.

14. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

x 10... they try to screw you on the add ons- TAKE EVERYTHING YOU PUT ON!!!!! They won't give you a dime for them. I'll buy the backrack by the way......

15. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

That sucks glad no one was hurt

16. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

You can take all your plow brackets and harness and everything, light bars and all... The insurance isn't going to care unless you have an add on in your policy.

17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Sorry to hear it man. I've always loved your truck. Good luck with the searcg for a new one.

18. Marek

Marek Senior Member

If thats a 6.0 Ford your looking at dont do it !

19. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

That really stinks that was a relly nice looking chevy you had there Hope everything works out.

20. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

holly chit, like others have said take all your stuff out the insurance company will not give you jack for it unless you added it all into you policy!!!!! glad to see you walked away. i hate people in new sports cars!!