1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good buy or not...Opinions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hydro_37, Nov 12, 2008.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What does it have for a plow? It looks like a good deal.
  3. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Good Deal! Spreader is worth it!!!
  4. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

The frame looks pretty rusty I would check the leaf spring mounts before I filled it up.
  5. Randy's plowing

Randy's plowing Junior Member

Do you plan on using the truck the way it is? I had one of those 6.2 diesels and it wouldn't start for sh!t. My buddy had one that ran really good and started in the winter, mine never did. jmo
  6. onemanshow

onemanshow Junior Member
    from alaska

the spreader alone is worth the $$$.i would say it was a great buy.
  7. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Good deal. Congrats.
  8. hydro_37

from iowa

No plow on it but I have a Boss RT-2 V blade I can out on it.
  9. hydro_37

from iowa

............crap dang multi quoting didnt work
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  10. hydro_37

from iowa

I was told the frame just has surface rust but I will be checking it close. The truck will be inside a heated shop untill it is needed.
  11. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i think its a good buy....what plow frame is on the truck? i may be interested if it is a fisher push plates. pm me if you would like to get rid of it.
  12. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That good deal it look good shape.

I hate to tell you. Don't put truck in heat garage when it been plow snow. At my old job they have 86 F250 and body was rust so so so bad but it just plow snow then storage in shop with heater.

What happened it was heater in shop cause fast rust. They told me they replace bodys twice because this so they gave up and let body rust.

And my Uncle did too so he sold before it get rust on body. It have 15,000 miles but it got rust fast because he put in barn where heater plus it plow snow then put in barn.

I want you know before you found hard way why body rust fast.

That diesel 6.2L could get 20 to 25 mpg easy if you drive light.
  13. hydro_37

from iowa

Update....just got t home and I am very impressed. Got the service records from day one and found out it got a NEW GM tranny 50K ago. Drove 90 miles home and truck ran great. It is a 3/4 tom with a Henderson spreader. No rust on the body and it has a Western mount. Spreader motor started after I got the started broke free and moving. It got a new clutch last year on the spreader too. Just need to paint the inside of the box and clean up the rust on the frame. Just surface rust. I need to clean the carb on the spreader. It doesn't want to stay running. Found Salt in the gas tank.

MIL.....I keep my trucks in heated garage all winter and NONE of them have rust. (Maybe it is just your old trucks that rust)
    Who drives a plow truck "light"????
  14. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Nice find Hydro
  15. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Seems like a good buy truck looks good except the seat. The spreader is worth that
  16. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I didn't say my trucks because you didn't read. It was my old job where they have Truck that got rust because they plow all snow then storage in room that get 80oF.

Then another guy I know who bought new truck I am not say brand because it would become fight. It 2 years old and cab already rust out because storage in heat garage.

Maybe you don't plow much snow than here that why you don't have rust on it.

You are not good read on deaf people

I say drive light not manic driver. You would get 20 to 25 mpg with 6.2l by drive light not heavy foot on gas pedal. Do you understand what I say.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  17. hydro_37

from iowa

I plow over 60 accounts MIL and NO I don't understan a dang thing you say. Your typing is terrible. Enough said.....

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That should work great.
  19. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

anything that has a engine and tires is worth 2k so you did fine. Just bought tires for my truck over $1000.00
  20. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

He's getting better compared to his previous posts..

Hydro nice find on the truck, even if it's Chevrolet ...:p