1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good buy or Bad buy????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by orange toys, Nov 21, 2009.

1. orange toys

orange toys Member

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

For not much more you could get a brand new one of those...yard macjines isn't exactly the best either

3. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

denbowlawn, I noticed your from Nixa not to far from me, bout 2 hours sw, what kinda winter are you hearing were supposed to get? Ussually our bad ones come from your direction.

4. orange toys

orange toys Member

I hear that it will be bad.

What type of equipment do you use? You can PM me if you want.

5. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

9 trucks, 2 tractors and 2 skidloaders. I hear its supposed to be bad to. I have a few seasonal contracts and I hope I don't lose my a$% to bad. Everything else is by the inch or hour plus salt.

6. orange toys

orange toys Member

wow you're a lot bigger setup than me, im solo. Im thinking about just doing a snowblower this year and then getting a plow next year (either a meyer or hiniker).

7. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

If you think your going to stay in it for a while and get some commercial accounts, stay away from the meyer. Meyer's are ok for home owners but all day and all night abuse, not very good.

8. orange toys

orange toys Member

what do you recommend me getting then as far as a plow and spreader?

9. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

As far as plow, I run 8 western and 1 hiniker. I would like to be all Western for the simple reason parts are a lot closer plus they are great plows. As far as spreaders, Western, Buyers or Snoway. Cost wise on the spreaders would probably be the buyers. As of right now, I'm all western on spreaders and I have 8 of them. Remember, these are just my opinion. ussmileyflag

10. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

What model Meyers did you have that gave you problems? I run mine on commercial accounts all day and night and have yet to have an issue.

11. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

That blower has a china engine. I would get a ariens.