1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good buy or bad buy?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PremierLand, Apr 26, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Heres the spec's:

2001 FORD F350 SUPER DUTY XL, 4x4, auto, a/c, am/fm/cassette, ps, pb, air bags, towing package, v-10 motor, new tires/rotars/brakes/inspection, alum easy dump insert, Meyers power angle 8ft commercial polly plow, Meyers mini salt spreader, 52k miles, excellent condition, $17,995 must sell

is this a good buy or bad buy? what kind of things go out on these trucks? how hard to maintain a v10?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

MARK................RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01 52k HARD plowing miles and a mini dump bed w/sander ????
    That trucks been WORKED hard and put away wet !

RUN................For 7k more you can have that NEW 2500 with plow !

EDIT....My wholesale guy over at Edmunds sez $15,000 tops.

NADA retail book is $21xxx

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I strongly agree with SONJABB!
    Iam sure its been worked very hard, and probley has all kinds of things waiting to go on it after you buy it. It would be one thing if it was just used for commuting, but it has not been. As a general rule, you should stay away from used trucks with plows as they are usually getting rid of them because they are starting to give the owner problems. You don't know how it has been driven, you don't know the persons plowing habits. Maybe he was good and its not a big deal but its probley more likely that he beat the crap out of it. If at all possible, go for the new GM's you were talking about just 2 days ago, what happened to those. Its worth the extra $$$$$$ to have a warranty, and know what your getting if at all possible. Also (IMO) its best to avoid Meyer plows as well.

AGAIN: If at all possible I would strongly suggest that you get the new truck, especially since you will be depending on this vehicle for work and $$$$$$. You might as well do it right and not be stuck in the middle of a snowstorm. The seller is just trying to unload his problems and pass them on to someone else, you know this as you have been selling some vehicles yourself lately and you know the condition of them as well. Don't get screwed again, do it right this time!
    Good Luck!!!

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

YUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its SUMMER TIME..............There will be quite a FEW deals on
    LOTS of low mile late model 4x4s soon...................All brands too!

Lots of folks wanting to dump those 10 mpg. rigs !
    That $2.50 a gal. fuel adds up quick...........Being a daily driver
    and have to WORK that puppy too !

Take your time................Still got that other Ford right?
    .......... :drinkup:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  5. PremierLand

from detroit

very true. I was thinking that. I found some v10s that seem good. however they get horrid gas mileage. Its in NY, I dont mind that because ill go some distance to get a truck I like, but the v10 is prolly overkill

6. PremierLand

from detroit

true. yea I have it, but you should see how bad it looks. LOL. I like it but I hate it cause I look like a dufus in it. lol

7. PremierLand

from detroit

oh and hey, if I end up going to take a look at that v10 in ny, ill ahve to come say hi!