1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

good buy on a Salt truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by grosser397, Jan 30, 2010.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

just bought this 81 international s1700 with a ten foot plow and salter 46000 miles v-8 gas. has some rust but my plans are to restore it and paint it red. truck 81.jpg

truck 81.jpg

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We had the exact same truck-in fact it was my first dump truck. Ahh.... the memories.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Looks good!

My uncle and I have toyed with the idea of picking up one very similar. How's it drive with the V-8 gasser?

4. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

ya im 19 just getting my business going but this is my first dump truck i paid 1850 bucks tho for it! i think that the guy didn't know what it was worth!

5. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

drives good lots of torque! its a 5 speed with a 2 speed rear end

6. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

wait till you have to replace tires..They get up there in price.

7. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

economy blows man people losing there shirts and there shorts lol they'll sell anything cheap to get a quick buck to make that mortgage payment. nice find though looks good but like someone said wait till u have to buy tires for that thing remember get re caps for the rear and a good set of steer tires i take it the GVW is under 26,001 lbs right? air brakes? either way make sure u keep that thing in decent shape cuz the DOT man loves to pull over them old trucks and look for violations

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

ditto that

9. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

it passed dot last year tires are good were new a couple years ago its juice breaks and i re-did all the lines be cause i snagged one loading it on the trailer and they were pretty rusty its licensed at 21000 im gonna license it at 26000 so as long as i dont over load it or tow anything a class d with health card works but i will have my class a in the next month hopefully. its a gas so its really easy to work on at least and it has rust but its nothing to far gone that cant be fixed.

10. Uncle Herb

Uncle Herb Senior Member

Sweet, love those Internationals.

11. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice old cornbinder. used to be million's of those trucks around the country

how's the electric rux work? we've got an old chev pumper that doesn't get driven enough, rux can be a real pain..

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

you got a damn good deal on that!!

13. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

first pic is my pick up second is my skid steer with my leveling bar i built and the third is the international with the ten foo lz plow.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg