1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Good Advertising method???

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Theshoemaker, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

I found this online while searching for some new ways to advertise. They appear to be more cost efficent than doorhangers but i wonder if they are effective. Anyone have any opinions?? Will they work or are they tacky??Also wonder if they will "stick around lol" or just blow down the street.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not bad ,but you still have to walk the street to put them up. Have you tried a postcard to send to slect streets?
  3. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

I plan on also trying the postcards. Just kinda trying to have a variety of advertising options. I plan on walking a few neighborhoods to either hand them out or stick them. They always say word of mouth is the best, and how else to spread but meet and greet.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If that's the case put the price right on the post it as you go along. Stops the tire kickers and you'll only get good leads if they call.
  5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

the best advertising i've found is great work and happy customers. customer testomonials work nicely too, people believe other people.
  6. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Most people see unattended solicitations as trash. I suppose if that front side REALLY caught their attention, you might have something. Kind of a neat spin on hangers.
  7. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

Door to door distribution is the best for market concentration ...if no material can be left post cards are next. I have found snow to be much tougher to market than lawncare.
  8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

If you're going to bother with door to door, knock/ring whatever. I didn't belive it but a guy I used to work with had college age kids out there setting appointments for he and I to go and estimate. It was amazingly effective. Personally I'd be peeved if someone stuck some sticky crap on my door, but that's just me.
  9. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

get a magentic sign made up for your truck(s) if you don't want to or can't sticker them. Make a catchy logo and drive around. that should help drum up business too.