1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gonna pull the trigger on a snow x 1075

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by murphy4trees, Dec 29, 2009.

1. murphy4trees

murphy4trees Member

I just put a 2000 F250 7.3L diesel on the road for plowing.. Western plow.. nice truck

I mostly run older ram chargers becasue I do a lot of tight driveways and small parking lots.... I just picked up a larger lot on a school, and after all these years, I really ought to get at least a decent tailgate spreader.. I've either been subbing out the salting or running walk behinds...

So I have an appointment to get a 1075 with the swing away mounting system installed on Jan 6... $2100 installed... big dealer, seems like they know what they are doing... We just had 14", and I should have some good $$$ coming in from that..

I AM planning on using the truck for treework and probably tow the stump grinder with it from time to time throughout the winter, so the swing away is good, and I will probably buy pallets of 50s, so loading will be easy enough...
    I'll probably run a pallet per event... Usually 4-5 snows a year, though sometimes we can get a bunch of icy days, and salt close to ten times a season..

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated.. Also on a small side note, I'd like to put down a large mat under the spinner, to keep the truck as clean underneath as possible. I have a couple old mats used for p/u truck beds.. Probably cut one of them up. Any suggestions on how to install that?

Thanks

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I'd like to hear these ideas too since i just got a 1075 put on mine. I've seen some that just go through the trailer hitch and hang but that is to low on the 1075 and my truck to really help.

3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

You will love it

We run several of the SnowEx swing away units. They are very handy and make loading a snap. As far as the receiver hitch goes, they work well also. I had one of those as well.

You guys will love your spreaders. We've been using them for 6 years now and they are great. I also run two 7550's and they are awesome as well.

Let it snow.