1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gonna Be A Bad One

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JB1, Dec 3, 2010.

1. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

Louisville crews prepared for season's first major snow

City and state highway crews were poised Friday for the first snow accumulation of the season in the Louisville area, with weather forecasters predicting as much as 2 inches might pile up through late Saturday or early Sunday morning. (12/3/10) More

How will anyone go anywhere with that much.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

LOL, woah!

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The further south you go the less it takes to make a major storm, lol. At this point though I would love to see 2 inches of snow here.

4. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

its all a conspiracy between the weather men and the grocery stores.

5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Not sure

With the ground temps still up I don't think this will be a big event. We'll be lucky to get a good salting out of this one.Mainly a grass snow. That's my two cents worth.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing:LMAO:laughing::laughing:

7. paponte

paponte Senior Member

That's great! Everything is a conspiracy these days.

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I think it went right over your head there Wayne. :laughing:

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Seriously, my brother in law lived in Minn. growing up. He said they went to school on time when it was dumping "feet" of snow! Move south and that all changes to closing EVERYTHING down when a inch or two falls. Talk about going from one extreme to another.... factor in the fact that most townships and counties south aren't prepared or have the equipment to do the job so they shut down everything.

10. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

well we did get a good one, we got a good half inch on the grass. Gonna have to look fast before it disappears.

11. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

Yea, I'm sitting her all warm on the couch. Even brought the truck and equipment home to be ready to go in the driveway. No dice.

Louisville is hilarious- road crews are out with a flurry in the air. People around here flat-out cannot drive when it's sunny and 70 out, let alone heavy rain or an inch of slush.

I am bummed though....still might get out tonight or in the next few days to salt cause the temps are supposed to plummet.

12. watatrp

watatrp Senior Member

Getting ready for some lake effect snow here in South Bend. Possible 12-18" by the time it's done. We don't even slow down until we get 8" on the ground.

13. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

wow! 2", 15 miles west of me they had 40", loaders and dumps are in 24 hr mode to open the streets

14. Kale Lawn

Kale Lawn Senior Member
    from Ohio

they prolly only have 1 plow crew

15. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

I detect a little?

I think I detect a little sarcasm here about the post made by someone thinking 2" was a major event.

Just to set the record straight, 2" is not a major event in Louisville. Our City crews have plenty of equipment to get the job completed and do a great job. I knew when I saw that post about 2" you guys were going to jump all over that and it was pretty funny. I thought it was funny myself.

Based on most people's thought that people can't drive in the snow in Louisville, I would like to say that I travel all over North America and see many car accidents in the snow regardless of where I am. For those of you that never get out of your area, I am confident you have seen these same wrecks on the weather channel.

Contrary to popular belief, some of us in Kentucky do have shoes, teeth, hair and common sense.

I'm finished now, thanks for listening.

16. Scott13136

Scott13136 Member

I am stuck in WKY working while it is snowing back home. :(

I was in Louisville on the 1st, been back out west since and nothing more than a few furries.

oopps just looked out the window, I think I see white dust blowing around.

But you are right the people here have no clue how to drive. I have never seen somany smashed up cars out side of a demalitioin derby.

17. Scott13136

Scott13136 Member

yup been all over this state and it is no more redneck than back home. However I still say the majority of the drivers should just stay home. Or at least hang up and drive, I watched a guy drive in to the front end of a Coke truck that was backing into a parking lot.