1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going with a Blower... now which one?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bowmans, Nov 18, 2005.

1. bowmans

bowmans Junior Member

Alright i have made my decision to go with a snowblower to do some smaller residental driveways for a little extra cash in the winter. Now the question is what do i get? I stopped into the local dealer and they said go with a single stage because it will be easier to get in and out of the truck and it will work like a charm on what i want it to do. Im only gonna be doing 20 max small sub division drives. Single stage blowers are cheaper to begin with also. But then again the two stage seem like they would get the job done faster but would wear me out faster too. Please recommend what blower i should go with . Thanks
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You get what you pay for.

Get as much of a two stage as you can afford. You should be planning for business expansion.
  3. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

2 stage..you'll love it after the first big storm. as for make i would choose Husquavarna, Toro, or even Aries..and as for getting it into the truck, just buy a good set of ramps.
  4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Yup I agree with ^. Single Stage sucks. Either theres not eneough snow and it doesn't throw it well or far, or theres too much snow/too wet of snow and it just gets jambed up in the shoot.
  5. k brown

k brown Junior Member
    from ontario

yeah i`m doing mine with a 2 stage 10.5 hp. weight doesn`t really matter anyway because your not going to be lifting it in the truck.should be anyday now,we have about 2 cm on the ground now!:)
  6. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I've got a 10HP Dual Stage Husqvarna and it is excellent. Highly recommended!
  7. frostservices

frostservices Member

Hi I`m new here but I really like the site! I would Go with the 2 stage for sure most single stage don`t have powered drive which you really need in any snow over 2 inches how big of one would depend on the sive of the drives and the amount of expected snow but I wouldn`t go under 8 horse if your doing drives as for the lifting make or buy some good ramps and maybe even make a low platform that you cvan slide in your reciever to avoid having to put the blower clear up in the back of the truck!