1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going to the Boss dealer tomorrow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chris-R, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Well I've been trying to decide which plow to buy and I think it's going to be a Boss 8 foot trip edge straight blade. Tomorrow I'm going to a local dealer to see if he can convince me to buy his product instead of a Fisher. Around here, Fisher is the most popular plow but a Boss looks better to me. I had a Fisher on my other truck and was fairly happy with it but it's all I know. Can anyone help convince me that a Boss is the right thing to do? Please tell me how much you love your Boss plow. Thanks.
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You'll love the Boss' speed compared to the Fisher, but that's about all I can comment on. Never had one of their trip edge straight blades, although I would think they are good plows. I think you should be happy as long as you get good service from the dealer.

Can't say I am exactly pleased with their v-plows, though. But you can do a search if you care to find more info on that subject.
  3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Well I put my order in for an eight foot straight blade trip edge. I visited two Boss dealers. The first one was a big outfit. A salesman who knew less about Boss plows than I, was told to deal with me. He was a kid who didn't plow snow and didn't know a whole lot about plowing snow. I left that place pretty fast. I guess they sell a lot more trailers than snowplows. The second place was a complete 180. The owner met with me. He explained everything about the plow. He compared a Fisher to a Boss. The guy plows for the town and he told me that his shop is available all day and night during a storm. He's going to install it in a few weeks after I get back from vacation.
  4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Congrats!! Now all we need is pics.

5. you will love boss plows...the are great..
    but i guess im a little partial ...they are made in Michigan...up in the U.P., they get a lot of snow up there...
  6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I didn't know Boss was made here in Michigan, I know Blizzard are made in the U.P. I also ordered a new Boss 8 ft superduty this week. I hope I will be happy with it.

Regards Mike
  7. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

Chris_R what dealers did you visit?
    I bought my 8' SD straight blade today from Jerry in Belchertown. Great place!!!
  8. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I'm getting the plow from Advanced Accessories in Boxborough. They're doing it next week. I also went to Wright Trailers in Seekonk. Good luck with your new plow :) If I can reduce the file size of my pictures, I'll post some pics after the installation.