1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going to look at a used Blizzard plow.. what to look for? Help!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bans25, Aug 19, 2012.

1. bans25

bans25 Junior Member

Hi All,

Newbie here to the site.. lots of good info that I am trying to take in quickly.

I found a Blizzard plow (complete setup) for my 2003 Silverado 1500 (looks like I will need Timbrens!). The price seems very good however I have never owned or operated a Blizzard plow before and looking for recommendations on what to look for. This plow will be used for personal driveway and also other family members driveways as well (My Personal truck).

I am told the plow is 7'6" HD but thats all I know about it.. I do have some pictures. Any help on what to look for is appreciated. I am heading out to look at it in a couple hours.

Pictures:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/110100...authkey=Gv1sRgCMvCr6XxodK-sAE&feat=directlink

Thanks much!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Not much that will go wrong with those - check the oil - feel it for grit - check the ram's for how bad they are.

Try and see it run truckside - see if a buddy has the hookup.

3. bans25

bans25 Junior Member

I will check the oil and the rams. I do not know of anyone (local) that has truckside setup for testing it.. the unit is off the truck so will be a bit of faith here :)

If this plow is in decent shape, whats a fair price? (assume its complete with all parts to put on a 99-07 silverado 1500)

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I would offer $1200 - then go up to $1500 - if the motor or pump is bad, you are screwed anyway.

5. bans25

bans25 Junior Member

I bought the plow.. Looks mostly complete. Missing one pin for one of the shoes and a couple of the truck side bolts. Plow also seems like its in decent shape with only some minor surface rust.. Assuming this thing works (seller told me it works fine) I think I did ok at $750 for all.

It's the 760LT model.. Anyway to tell what year it is? I took a bunch more pictures.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Wow what a steal! What's the serial #? That'll help identify the year.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Just looked at pics, that ser# seems weird. Hard to tell if it's 06 or 08 but my $ is that its the year. Most PH1 ser#'s begin with the model# then the year. 810-05xxxx (2005) or 760-06xxxx (2006) etc.

8. bans25

bans25 Junior Member

Its very hard to see but I just took a good look at the SN label (most of the numbers worn off). The plow is 760LT-030xx08 I believe.. I can see the imprint of the "030" but I cant make out the other "x" digits. So this is most likely a 2003 plow then right?

There is the best place to get small odd/end parts if I end up needing them? Any good online parts dealers?

thanks much for all the help!!

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yea that's how I'd interpret it. It's super clean for an 03.