1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

going rates for equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MJ Landscaping, Oct 27, 2002.

1. MJ Landscaping

MJ Landscaping Junior Member

Whats the going rate for a skid steer loader, F800 large dumpw/10' plow and sander, F450 w/ 8.5' plow and a 3/4 ton pick-up w/7.5' plow hourly rates.

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Do a search, there should be hundreds of threads on this subject.

Welcome aboard.:waving:
    CGB

3. fiftycav

fiftycav Junior Member

howdy there mj

Listen I see your in central jersey and what do you know, so am I. I have truck and would plow if the situation is right. I have another full time job but i can often leave. It is a family buisiness so my hours are somewhat adjustable. I live in Franklin township, just outside of New Brunswick so let me know if you want my information I really would like to make a little xtra CASH this season.........Later bud
    Billy g
    :waving:

4. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

We're not that far away from you. Everybodies rates will vary but here are our rates for snow: Skid steer $125.00 per hr min 3 hrs, 7 1/2' -8 1/2' plow truck $125.00 per hr 2 hr min, F800 with 10' plow $165.00 per hr min 2 hrs, depending on the salter (ex.2 yd v box $125.00 per hr, if salt is supplied as well add another $80.00 per ton minimum 1 ton per application. hope that helps.

5. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

fiftycav, do you have insurance?

6. fiftycav

fiftycav Junior Member

I have regular insurance for my truck but I don't have any type of commercial insurance Landman.

7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Hey guys, he's closer to me (same town), so I should naturally get first shots on any recruitment attempts here! Fiftycav, if I steer you in the right direction for affordable snow plowing insurance, would you purchase it? ;)

Landmans numbers are about what I would have posted.

8. fiftycav

fiftycav Junior Member

re

Hey Big River,

Its your friend from Across the way on Hamilton Street. Yup at the funeral home. I am looking for some work this winter and it would be great if you could take me under your wing. How much are we talking here anyhow BRL (for insurance)? I want it to be worth my while you know. Keep in mind, I have another business to help run and my time behind the wheel would not be 100% reliable. I could pretty much work out arraingments though for someone to cover when a storm hits us. Thanks for the in put:waving: :waving:

9. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

BRL give me a ring tommorow I have a bid oppurtunity in New Brunswick for you.

10. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

landman,
    Will do. Thanks.

Fiftycav,
    I'll stop by or call you or E-mail if that doesn't work, within a day or 2.

11. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

does anyone know of anyone else who is looking for subs.. we have a few pieces of equipment we haven't contracted yet.. thanks