1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going rates for Dayton, OH area

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Troybaseball21, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Just wondering how people / businesses can go and uncut plowing rates at such a substantial amount??? I thought we were cheap at $70 per hour but now we are being undercut at $50 per hour????? How can you make profit out of that?

I believe last I heard the average rate in this area was about $75 - $100 per hour.

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

If they have paid for equipment, do a quality job, and still make a profit, they can do it for less than someone who has payments on everything and and does a quality job. Chances are that the guy who is bidding less in this example will end up making more in the long run because he will have more accounts imo. That's how they can do it for less.

3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Some of the huge companies do snow at a loss to get and keep the green work the rest of the year...

4. mike ward

mike ward Member

And here I thought some of the huge companies do the green work at a loss jsut to get the snow...

5. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

They all cheat the system. They work 5 hours and bill for 8. make your customer work by the push or by the season. Just say that you do not do hourly. The customer does not want to hear that they are getting cheated but reality is that you can not plow for $50 per hour and make money. Yes maybe you can make a wage, but that stops when something you did not expect to happend cost you a bunch of money.
    chad