1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

going rate?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dbowden18, Aug 6, 2007.

1. dbowden18

dbowden18 Junior Member
    from maine

hey guys, pretty new to commerical plowing and salting, but anyone know the going rate of plowing per hour or push 2 to 4 inches and salting by the pound or ton up in maine? thanks for the help guys
  2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to Plowsite. People live in different areas, the price of things are different. I really cant help you with the price per hour. Basically for a flat rate for 2-4, 5-7 and so on depends on the size of the lot. A 2-4 may take you 15 min on 1 lot and an hour on another. All i can say is guys seem to charge 2-3 times more for salting. Example. If someone charges 100 to plow the lot they will charged anywhere from $200-$300 to buy and put down the salt. (that is just an example) Here is a website that will help you calculate how long it will take you to plow, with an 8' and 9' blade. Also how much salt you will need. Hope this helps. Good luck to you. Rich :waving:

3. dbowden18

dbowden18 Junior Member
    from maine

yeah, thats what i used. its about a 6 acre parking lot, wide open at night , a couple of loading docks. i figure it will take 7 hours to plow 2 to 4 and about 2 tons of salt. plenty of space to put the snow, no need for a loader. i was thinking 30,000 for the season. thats for about 15 to 20 plows a year. thanks rich.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

hmm. same last name. same state. truck with plow. wonder if im related.......