1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going rate for LED HAW installation

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ramair2k, Nov 21, 2014.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Looking to put 4 LED HAWs in my 2013 1500 Silverado. Anyone know roughly what the going rate would be for installation? Probably going to go with Whelen Vertex or Fenix Cannons (clear bulbs)

Thanks

2. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

$75.00 an hour
    I do quite a few here and there. There is a lot of work to do it RIGHT.....
    Switches , relays , neat wiring etc... Sometimes pulling interior panels off , taking grilles off, head and tail lights out. Making custom brackets if needed etc. water proof connectors , heat shrink everything ..

You get the picture..?
    I've also repaired and fixed a lot . People don't realize the work involved. Most just wack it togheter thinking anyone can splice wires. Doesn't work that way.
    This is the control panel I did for my truck. Sorry for the crappy potato pic.

image.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

double post.

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

You do nice work!!
    Roughly how many hours you think it takes to install 4 Feinix Cannons. 2 front/2 back?

5. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thanks... Trying to upload some vids of my installs but my ipad is acting strange

All depends , do you want to switch on the fronts separate from the rear?
    Or all at once ? Do you want to be able to switch the patterns with another switch?
    What kind of truck?

6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

2003 GMC sierra. 2 ambers in the 2 turn signals up front and the same in the back, one switch for all those and a pattern switch. I've been thinking about clear also in the headlights and reverse. With a pattern switch and don't know if I'd want a switch for the front and rear separately.

7. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Sometimes I'm in the main roads plowing and it's illegal here to have clear on so that's why I wouldn't want Amber/white.

8. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

With a simple on/off switch and a momentary switch , I would charge $500.00 it's a full days work to do it correct. Have to drill the holes in the right spot or I just bought and expensive head or tail light.
    Customer supplies all lights and wire plus switches .
    Connectors and misc stuff I supply.
    I just do this on the side for fun. I oddly enjoy it very much.

9. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

is the only way to change those patterns with a switch?

10. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Well kinda. If you had all the scan lock wires ( pattern change wire ) tied into a distribution block you could manually use a jumper wire to change them by applying + power to them ( whelen) some of the Chinese stuff requires a neg power to switch them.
    So yes there is a way. But a switch is so much easier.

11. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

We do an install package for the plow guys around here, including parts and labor:

4 lights (strobe or LED): $450
    6 lights (strobe or LED): $550

Lights are covered under a 5-year warranty and Labor is covered under a lifetime warranty.

12. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

$65.00 and hour and that includes everything but the switches and that's a 3-4 hour job at most. Call us with any questions or to schedule and install. We are fully insured.

13. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

Forgot to mention, the above prices include the actual lights that will be installed. If you have the equipment already, the quote will be different.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

- Tom

14. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

One other note you do not want to use relays or distribution blocks for such a simple job. Just another connection to worry about or have and issue with and there would be no reason for the use of a relay. The LEDs you are talking about can be run with on a 5 amp fused switch. They draw minimal amperage.