1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going rate for a CAT 908 wheel loader?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Strongmd, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Strongmd

Strongmd Member

I have a brand new CAT 908 that I may be renting out for the whole winter, 4 months. I'm trying to establish a value on what it's worth. It will be operated by the renter, not myself. I'm in the Boston market. I have some rough ideas, but haven't settled on anything concrete yet. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

Maybe the same amount of a backhoe?

3. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

A winter rental from milton cat on that machine last winter was $5000. per month.

4. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

Holy Sh-t....:eek: $5K a month for that size machine...wow...I rented a Deere 624J for
    $3K/mth...that is either a fabrication second hand or someone is really trying to score...either way makes me glad I went out and just bought one...no more rent payments down the drain!

SD-Dave wesport

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I pay $50 an hour off the hour meter on a Cat 308. and charge $505.00 per hr.
    I use this machine when I have to move between different sites a lot otherwise I use one of my 975 bobcats. The owner is happy with this arangement and it works for me. For a 966 I have to pay $95 an hour off the hour meter I could rent these for a month at a time but our snow fall is so unperdictable it probably would not be to my likng.

Dwan

6. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Wow I just read my reply and wish I could charge $505/hr. my mistake.
    I realy only get $150/hr and have put just under 200 hours on it sofar this winter. I did adapt a 9' KuickWay blade for it and have been having fun with it..