1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going price for cable operated 7.5 western

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bigstumpyd, Jan 9, 2011.

1. bigstumpyd

bigstumpyd Junior Member

Thinking about getting a plow for my older drw dump. F-350 2x4 found a western cable operated with a northern plow blade. Guy says plows great the truck fell apart around the plow. Everything is there light rust 50% cutting edge. Its about an hour away so I was hoping to get some more imput before going. I only plow at 4 places plus my own not really any hills but my drive way! Thanks

2. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

Under $500 and even then "I" would skip. Those things are wrist killers!

3. bill7101

bill7101 Member

I got mine for $300 had to pull it from the truck it was on myself

4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

you need a 8.5 or a nine to plow with a 2wd dump. it needs to be wide enough to clear the path for the tires. either way i wouldnt give more than 300-500 depending on the condition.

5. bigstumpyd

bigstumpyd Junior Member

Well thats about what I was thinking 3-500. I was either going to pull my outside dual off or get some wings for it. A lot of guys buy me pull the duals off looks kinda wierd but I guess it works. As far as reliabilty I understand that they are pretty good? I think im gonna wait a week and see if he goes down a little on price he said 750.00 obo. I dont want to insult the guy with a low ball. But It is off the truck and im going on word it works great I not to much for that. Thanks for the Replys