1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

going over to BOSS

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by stillen, Aug 15, 2009.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Thinking of changing brands, could use your help on what is best for my truck.... I currently have a Fisher 8 foot straight HD blade. I do mostly residential drives and I have three parking lots that I share with a few other guys. I have a 05 Dodge Ram QC, HEMI, 6.5 bed....... I'd like to get into a v- blade from BOSS.... any recomendations? I'm a tad confused on the BOSS product line, there r just so many flavors......

thx in advance

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss 8 .2 V plow.

3. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Thx GV...... can anyone hint to me on a price for unit and install??? i'd need it all.... just a ball park figure... i like the smart lock option also.. OOO wait poly or steel ?

thx

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

$5-6,000 not cheap but well worth the money.

5. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

If you do switch over to Boss, I've got a mount for your Dodge, as well as some truck-side wiring. May help keep your costs down a bit.

Ken

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're doing mostly residential with an extended cab seriously consider a 9.2 over an 8.2. Being wider helps keep the truck out of the landscaping.

Poly or steel is mostly a personal preference.

7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Personally, I'd run the 9'2" VXT, steel. Don't forget the rubber flap and smartlock cylinders. Expect to pay close to $6000 installed. As B&B said though, poly vs steel is mostly a personal preference.

8. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Or go the used route. I got this V-XT setup and installed it myself for $3500.00

vplow5.jpg

9. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

You got that for $3500? Nice deal. Sorry to hijack.

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice plow & a great price.

11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Time to buy a new cutting edge. you shouldnt get more than 60 more hours from that

12. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I have heard of some VX-T owners burning through edges.........It measures 5.5 inches now, I guess we will see.

13. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

It depends on how fast you plow in my experiance. Also, you have to watch the center part, not the outside. I just used mine until that center was gone and then switched. The new edges are $200 a side.

Here is what they look when they need to get replaced and when they are next to a set of new ones. http://www.plowsite.com/showpost.php?p=719490&postcount=1

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009