1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

going out

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ygim, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ygim

ygim Member

How often do you guys go out? Every 3 or 4 inches?

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

My triggers are set at 2 inches. So I go out every two inches unless they are only calling for 3 then I wait till it's done.

3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Every 2" and salt as needed or when accounts request it.

4. ygim

ygim Member

do you charge every time you go?

5. ygim

ygim Member

I have 2 customers telling me its not right to charge for every time I come. I have always done this though...

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

How often I go depends on the storm. if we get over 2 inches I go and plow a path for my customers to get out by 7 AM. I then go back to do the cleanup, or plow another path for them to get in at 5 PM.

I charge by the storm $xx.00 for 2-8 inches and by the inch for over storms over 8 inches

I also have 19 seasonal customers.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I like to go out for 3-4 every night!

As for plowing anything over 2 inches out the door.

8. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder if they think that when they buy three half gallons of milk at the store, they should only be charged for two?? :dizzy:

I tell people like that to just find someone else... see ya!

9. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Those people shouldn't have to pay the car wash every time they run their car through, either...It's not their fault that it rains and their cars get dirty...it's an act of nature.