1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going Liquid

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by uvilla, Mar 18, 2014.

1. uvilla

uvilla Junior Member
    from 25442

Going liquid next year.....how do you guys price....by the mile....gallon....how much are you charging...Thanks

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure you educate yourself about liquids there are a lot of variables....not quite as simple as one basic product (sodium chloride), maybe treated. Pricing will vary based on the product(s) you choose to use. I am still in the development stage of implementing liquids to our list of tools due to the lack of distribution in my area, it is going to/has cost me a good bit of money.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

That will be determined by the market, competition. and/or type of liquid you use in your area? I don't like leaving room for arguments with any customers as to how many gallons I used to melt their lots or driveways. Each snow event can be different and require more or less liquid OR more or less rock salt to accomplish a complete suitable melt. I charge the same as I would for rock salt. I make it MY choice as to how I melt the lot or drive. Whether I use rock salt, some sort of liquid or 3 BIC lighters = same price.