1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

going from classic mount to easy mount plus

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wiseguyslawn, Dec 7, 2009.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

picked up a easy mount plus for a good price so i figured I would update the old plow set up. its on a 96 f20. plow had rust holes, bent, etc. time for it to do. anyway its the old tube style e 47 7.5 plow with touchpad. On the easy mount plus Every thing is there on the plow side.

Called my meyer dealer. They say I need the clevis which is universal. (299.00) a ford f250 mount for 4 hundred some dollars. and a sabre light adapter. Said I can use the old wiring and controller

I knew you needed the clevis, and mounting brackets. Didn;t realize these brackets were so much $.

Is this right I can get away with the old wiring?
  2. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Yes all the wiring is the same, but if you don't replace the main wiring harness it is harder to remove the entire lift frame. The mdII-Plus wiring harness has a sort of quick connect that has a plug that allows you to unplug just one connection and remove the entire lift frame and plow. Check on ebay and find a used mount that comes with the clevis. I run several MDII setups and they are very easy to unhook.