Snow Plowing Forum banner

Going from 3 plug to Fleet Flex

12K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Ryank 
#1 ·
My dealer seems to be completely uneducated and have told me two different things the last couple times i called.

I have a 2011 Ram 3500 w/ a Fisher minute mount 1 on it right now. The truck side of the plow was all put on new in March of 2013. Im looking at selling this plow (possibly tomorrow) and I want to put a new XV2 with the fleet flex on it. My other truck has an XV2 and i like to be able to switch plows back and forth in case something breaks.

So first time i talked to my dealer, i only needed to get new control wiring since my headlight wiring was the same and i could use my mounts.

I call them back today and the guy now tells me i need all new headlight wiring, and a new 3 port module…the first time they also told me the module was the same.

The final kicker…they have the plow i want in stock… but they have to order the controller….why would they not have a controller to go with the plow they have in stock, and all the wiring…i'm soooooooo frustrated with this place…..

wait one more kicker…this place is owned by my wifes family!!!

Does anyone know what i can keep on the truck to switch over to the new plow?

See less See more
#2 ·
Mount and headlight plug I think

#8 ·
TPCLandscaping;1891858 said:
I finally got a straight answer… i can keep my headlight harness, my 3 port module and my plow frame mounts..i have to get the new control harness. We will see what happens
Like Cubic said, you will need truck side battery cable also. This cable carries the two signal wires for fleet flex setups.

#10 ·
I did the same thing you are doing and it was so easy. It's even worth leaving the old stuff in and just leave the old harness unplugged at the module. That way you can run an old style 3 plug plow if ever needed.

#18 ·
i know its a little late but i just recently switched my 97 f350 from mm1 wiring with no module only had the solenoid to brand new fleet flex wiring, so I needed everything...and it cost 600 for all brand new fleet flex wiring and the module, then i found a brand new controller on craigs list for 175 and finally a 2012 stainless 8'6" v plow in great shape for 3000, and before i bought any of this stuff i sold my mm1 plow for 1000 and the old wiring with controller for 300. and did the install on my own. so now both trucks have fleet flex wiring controllers and plows, all interchangeable...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.