1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going crazy?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Sep 30, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Woke up tonight and looked out the window from bed and swore I saw snow on the pine trees, completly freaked me out. I jumped out of bed and started freakin out because none of my plows are on and as I went to the window I seen it wasnt snowing and realized its October dummy. Crazy dreams and thoughts this time of year. Oh well back to bed.:rolleyes:
  2. murphy4trees

murphy4trees Member

Over the years I've had plenty of dreams where it was snowing and I had to go get the equipment ready... Sometimes it really scares me and I take that as a signal that its time to get ready...

Also over the years I've noticed a tendency for hot dry summers to be followed by cold and snowy/icy winters, that is temperature extremes, whereas cool wet summers are followed by mild winters, moderate temperatues.
    We had a three year stretch here in Philadelphia where I didn't plow one driveway and only a very few calls for the commercial jobs... So I Am predicting a very mild winter this year based on a cool summer, though of course I'll have to get ready for the worst...
  3. sos

sos Member
    from NE Ohio

Murphy- I really hope your prediction is wrong for this winter. With all the rain we've had this summer I've had enough cutting lawns and want to sit in the truck and plow!:D Supposed to get down to the mid 30's tonight in NE Ohio. What happened to fall and summer?:rolleyes: We seemed to skip them around here. Oh well, guess thats part of living here.
  4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

There forcasting snow flurries tonight in my area (9-30-03) Not that any would stick, but man, we sure skip fall in this area sometimes, I dont remember the weathermen ever forcasting snow this early in the season for my area. Does this mean a long cold, and lots of snow for this winter??? Hope so!!! :p
  5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

sometimes I get that same wake up and freak out as your ProSno. It is always the darn dew when it is heavy :(

6. windmill

windmill Senior Member

murphy4trees if you are right we will have snow to the eyebrows this year. It has been hot hear for so long, and with no rain that if the winter is going to make up for what the summer never gave us a lot of snow plow guys are going to be moving to Vernon! :D
    Some of our water reservoirs are at 30%, going down 1% per day and no rain insight for at least another week.
    No dew either! No frost! Usually it's freezing by now.
  7. wyldman

wyldman Member

I woke up after falling asleep on the couch,and they were talking about snow falling somewhere on the TV.I jumped up and panicked until I looked out the window.My poor wife couldn't figure out why I was so freaked out. :confused:
  8. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

LOL - I though I was the only crazy person who had these types of dreams.

I have had dreams of plowing my entire route before. OK. - Those only occur when January rolls around, and I have not dropped the blade yet.

One nite last winter, we had just finished plowing at about 3:00AM. I had checked the weather, with no snow forcasted for the next three days. I finally fell asleep around 5:00am, and of course I woke up in a cold sweat, dreaming it had snowed again! I rolled over in bed and apologized to my wife for waking her up. I laughed and said, thank god it was just a dream. She very causually said, why is there snow on the driveway. I laughed at her comment and rolled over to peak out the window, and sure enough, 3" of snow was on the ground. I hate when that happens.

Chuck B.
  9. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Winter is coming!!!:D
  10. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Grass had some frost on it when i worke up this morning I can't wait for snow i hope we get at least two nice sized ones then a bunch of moderate size storms. Enough for plowing.

Yea some nights i wake up and think im like floating then move and feel like im falling kinda weird others i think oh **** i have school or work then relize its like 6 am or a saturday or something heh.
  11. James_Jimmy

James_Jimmy Junior Member

Here in the UP of MI (Houghton), we had a little wet, slushy stuff this morning. It didn't really stay on the ground, but the cars were covered.