1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Going Backwards?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kcplowmata, Nov 14, 2007.

1. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

I bought a truck from a guy who has alot of residential plows.I have never done residential for money.I have done commerical for the ten years ive been in the snow biz.Was wondering what you guys think.Am i going backwards if i take them?

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Does the dollar per hour work out?? One thing I hate with residential is chasing your money and invoicing small amounts but if the $ is there, we'll do it.

3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

as long as you are set up for it, go for it. i do resi's but mostely comercial's and most of the time i make pretty good money but they are just a pita (the people not the drives)

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I do only resi's 4" storm I make $300/Hrpayup payup
    Oya thats in a jeep when I had a truck I made $150/Hrpayup

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

it's gas $$$$ and that's about it.... living in the KC area (up north) i only see 2-3 times you might plow a residential, if you have a 4 " min. we plow commercial EVERY time. how much can you possibly make doing a driveway 2-3 times?????? not worth it to me!!

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree but like PJ said if your set up for it, you could do all the resi when your done your commercial work. They will have to wait a while but oh well.