1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

goin fast

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 78k20400ci, Jun 26, 2003.

1. 78k20400ci

78k20400ci Junior Member

i have a bunch of friends with prerunners and this weekend i went out with them and i got made fun of just by looks before we were out on the trail my truck is stock aside the 33s and my front springs are saggin it did great as long as the whoops didnt get to big i smoked thos dinky little trucks they told me i was goin to fast. i dont want to loose that attribute of my truck if i lift it 4-6 inches will that go away or can i remove some leaves from the new front leaf pack to soften it up so i can use the tavel or is it a waste of my time p.s i like to rock crawl to so i need a compromise
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

For prerunning you need long travel,and progressive dampning.Rock crawling is similar with the need for extended travel,and droop,with lots of ground clearance.

If you want lift,or height,then you can re-arch,or replace springs,add blocks,or shackles.etc,or even install a body lift.

To get the ride you want you will need to tune with spring rate.Generally,the more springs you have,and the thicker they are,the higher the spring rate.You will probably want a fairly soft but progressive rate for what you want to do.

Call or e-mail a few lift companies,and ask for their recommendations,they should be able to recommend a good lift with softride type spring packs.You can also check with www.nationalspring.com as they are probably the best for building custom spring packs for both lift and ride quality.