1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Goes up when downpressure activated

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Kanerater, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Kanerater

Kanerater Junior Member

have sno way 7.5' poly, think it could be 26 series, not sure. made around 97'. when i activate the down pressure, the plow raises. thinking wires could have gotten switched and afraid to go switching wires as i don't know much about it. when i bought plow/truck, it had no cover and the wires would get bumped off, did i switch em up? which ones? thanks guys

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

On one of mine the blue wire wasn't making good contact causing the same problem you are having.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sorry I was brain dead, it's not the pressure switch, it's the pressure valve. Check to see if it is getting power to the coil, then check to see if the coil is magnetized, and make sure the valve moves freely. you can disassemble the valve coil combination and use a 9 volt battery to check the valve's functionality.

5. Kanerater

Kanerater Junior Member

thanks guys, from what both of you agree, it could be a wire issue. i will check these out.

6. Dave Sponaugle

Dave Sponaugle Junior Member

I have mounted mine for the first time of the year and had the valves to stick a little.
    Since the motor runs when the down pressure is on, a stuck lift valve will cause the plow to go up.

Left, right, up and down several times and it always starts working like it should.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

You can always flush the system out with Myers Hydra Flush and then re-fill it with new fluid.