1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GOD It needs to snow!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Man, what a crappy winter to say the least! Our area "should" have around 70-80" by this time, so far we're at a whoppin' 52". Out of that 52" I bet half was 2 storms. Give us the winter weather of 2003-04, 2-3 inches every other night, nice easy plowin' not this balls to the wall for 2 days then nothing for weeks and weeks. I swear I gonna create a snow weather machine.:D

2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Here in Montreal we just surpassed 10 feet, and counting. My contracts are seasonal, I see big increase next year.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

we are seriously considering persuiing other ventures in the winters to come, last 2 years were a total bust, last year we got 3 plowable events all year, this yeah were on 3 as well. this is total garbage, lol

4. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Our yearly average is 32 inches, we are just over 40 with the 5 inches we got yesterday. Cant complain!

5. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

Same here...Yes the money is GREAT but it can stop for a few weeks...:drinkup:

6. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

You guys need to find some commercial accounts in your area..you get paid if it snows or not and based on the last few years you'd be ahead. Just my opinion....:waving:

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

we got em they are per push, or by the hour. lol

8. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

You can have some of our snow. It has been snowing every day or every other day. Last week we got over 24 " in two days! I need a break! Im going on transmission #3 for the year.

9. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

We havent had a lot of snow at all but the ice has been terrible. I have all set contract commercial, and it has been a very expensive year for me.

10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

We're at 21" for the year. Over 1/2 of that was in 2 storms the first week of December. Then over Christmas we were plowing just about every day that week.

Nothing in November, nothing in January.

Monday we had about 1.5". Total plowings so far are 8, and that includes multiple trips in the commercial stuff for one day.

My average I base everything off of is 18 events for the season.

Keeps getting harder and harder to raise the rates when for 1 of the last 6 years we've actually met the average.

11. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

exactly. but i think we are around 1-2 feet this season so far. we should be totaling about 5 feet right now.

12. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

one of these years the law of averages has to turn things around.....

13. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Have the equipment, the snow will come

If you have the equipment, it will snow. Might not be this year, but it will. I think these are some of the weeding out years, those that are in what we do, have the resources to make it through times like these. If it snows, that is money in my pocket, if it does not, then I can start some of my landscaping early.