1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

God D^%#$ Chevy %^#^%@# Best Buy $%^!#%$^!#%$@^%!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: &^@#$^*!%#^%#@$##@$&!@$#

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry:

Whew, needed that. Thanks for listening.

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Care to elaborate?

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Wow you really do have "Bad Luck"

4. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

I'll second that.:confused:

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Bad Luck, I take it that you're a little upset right now?

6. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Uhm can we fry an egg on yer head?----What did you get prices for a new truck?

7. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

No matter what I do to try to improve this truck I just can't win.

Why do I still love it so???

Dropped it off for "re-installation" of the auto start, these bozos didn't put my lower dash panel on right and lost the steel clips that hold the top part on.

I need snow, it's Feb. 7th and I've only pushed once so far. I'm in dire need of that controlling feeling I get when I clear a fresh path. That's my stress relief. :nod:

8. amar

amar Member

One truck, one plow, no sleep and bills to pay.
    SIMA Member

One truck SIMA

Is it worth it? SIMA

9. Up North

Up North Senior Member

BL, first of all you have a Chevy...no need to further improve it. (That'll bring on some Ford, Dodge vs. Chevy comments I'm sure...:dizzy: ) Just buck up and run outside in your shorts like I do to start it up and let it run while I get dressed. Haven't had a dashboard problem yet with that method...:p

Buck

10. amar

amar Member

Hold on.

Nothing wrong with Chevy trucks except.
    The front suspension is more plush than my wifes minivan.
    A HD overheats with plowprep.
    Seems to be a lag in the drive-train or rear end sometimes.
    Rear brakes go out after 22K.
    Tail gate cables brake bending tailgate.
    Transmission shifts week.
    Power steering lines leak at 45K.

Now my F250. Never mind I'm going to bed id be typing for two hours about all the problems with that pos.

They all have problems.

11. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Excuse me, I'm sorry I must have missed something. Who the hell are you again?

SIMA - Are you member? I only ask because if you knew s--- about S--- you wouldn't be asking that question.

12. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

13. Is Plush suspension bad? I kinda like the nice ride
    My hd doesnt overheat....ever (unless tow.haul is OFF) i think you have an issue
    Lag in the rear end...um nope
    Rear brakes gone? try cross drilled roters. The fronts should go out first
    tailgate cable break? Um, those were recalled, shouda got them fixed
    Tranny shifts weak? i dont think so....if you have such an issue with it, put a shift kit in. wanna see a weak tranny, look at the torqueshift with the 6.0psd
    power steering lines leaK? possible, call it a small flaw

14. amar

amar Member

I got the new Clutch for the HD when it had 2000miles on it

My tailgate cables broke when GM refused to address the issue bending the tailgate which they didn't give a dam about.

Plush suspension sucks because mods are necessary to carry a plow unless you crank up the tbars which puts so much xtra ware on everything up front unless you do it every time.
    If I wanted it to drive like a car I would of bought a car.

There is a TSB on powersteering lines.

Why do I need to spend $290 on a new clutch fan why wasn't the proper one in to begin with.

Don't get me wrong I love my HD's the only truck I will buy.
    But some of this is BS :angry:

15. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Please excuse my response earlier. I was a bit moody due to a lack of caffeene intake this morning.

What I really meant to say was:

Yes, SIMA is worth it to me as a first year business owner long time operator. Why jack my rant thread. Next time PM me with any questions you have regarding how I operate my business.

Also - I have NEVER, let me repeat that, NEVER had any problem with ANY of my GM vehicles that was not self inflicted, and to that respect, I am continuosly amazed at how much a 1/2 ton GM pickup can really be abused. Regardless of how I come across on this site, I love my truck and would not trade it for an F-Series or Ram truck if you paid me. They are all subject to manufacturing defects and recalls. If I were to list issues with new trucks from the big three they would have to add bandwith to this site. The bottom line becomes which ones can you deal with in order to drive a truck that will be used for work and play.

16. amar

amar Member

Quote)
    I love my truck and would not trade it for an F-Series or Ram truck if you paid me. They are all subject to manufacturing defects and recalls. If I were to list issues with new trucks from the big three they would have to add bandwith to this site. The bottom line becomes which ones can you deal with in order to drive a truck that will be used for work and play.[/QUOTE]

:salute:

17. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

It's free at your GM dealer. That is unless you procrastinated and let it go beyond the 36 month mark.

18. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

As I stated before how did GM refuse to address the strap issue... they replace ALL the tailgate straps under a FREE recall.

If there is a TSB out on the power steering lines then they have address the problem again.

I do not see how cranking the t-bars puts extra ware on anything as long as you do not lift the front up too far(1"-1.5" max IIRC). Then again if you really want to go higher you only need to get shocks that extend longer, which are readilly available.

19. amar

amar Member

The stealership charged me with 2000miles on it. They said you put a plow on it thats why it overheats.

20. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Sounds like you have a bad dealer not a GM issue...just about everybody on this board had the clutch taken care of for free.