1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Go pro vid of new 16' ebling back blade

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by bosman, Jan 8, 2014.

1. bosman

bosman Senior Member

We'll I bought a 16' Ebling the first week of December and my in laws got me a go pro hero 3, white edition for Christmas. I knew exactly what my first video was going to be.

http://youtu.be/0OAhtrLULxM

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Great video, never seen a orange one, looks cool. That is quite a housing complex, how do you do where the cars are? I would bet a lot of them don't move.

3. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Thanks, they'll paint it color you want, for a small fee of course. I only plow the drive lanes, not the parking spots. There are always a ton of cars there so I'm ok with that.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Wow, that's a sweet gig!

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Love the ebling blades. Great action video.

6. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Weird, they're assembled unpainted and if you order it before it's painted, I would hope there wouldn't be an extra charge.

I had mine done in white to match the Blizzards.

8. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Lots of long runs in that comples. Perfect for the new Ebling. Looks like you're already comfortable with it, backing up and adjusting it for the next move.

9. bosman

bosman Senior Member

I didn't mind paying a little more for a different color. I didn't want people to think they'd paint it any color for free. They had a matching set, one for a truck and one for a toolcat, painted with two different colors. It looked really sharp.

Btw, when Wade asked where I had learned of them I credited you and this website. Thanks for your reviews of back blades. Now that I've had a chance to use this, I can't figure out why every company doesn't have at least one.

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice video, I like the orange.

11. Mark Oomkes

Keep asking when my commission check is coming, still haven't seen it.

Glad you like it, unless my trucks have spreaders, they have back blades. I wouldn't know how to plow without one. Sort of.

12. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Well that makes sense then, they actually charged you more because you mentioned Mark's name, and they know what a thorn in the side he is...........:laughing:

13. Mark Oomkes

Go stick your head in a cheese wheel.

14. bosman

bosman Senior Member

I posted this one there a few days ago. http://youtu.be/W7fqyfxKKC0

Thanks.

15. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Oh hell - you did!

16. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. I often wondered if they really worked good and the video proves it.

17. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Ok, here's another go pro video of the back blade on a large parking lot. Lots of long runs, plowing around light poles and cleaning up after the sidewalk crew, all made easier with an Ebling.

http://youtu.be/kT4pNnp-T5c

18. Turf Z

Turf Z Senior Member

I have a very similar lot, do you do that whole thing with just one truck with an ebling/front v?

We've thought about putting a loader w/ pusher on it but seeing this makes me re-think that.

19. bosman

bosman Senior Member

Yes, one truck. Had that lot done in under an hour. We usually have more trucks on the property doing other lots, some similar size, but no loaders. I watched videos for years and was impressed, but they really don't do it justice. You really have to see it to believe it.

That being said, in a perfect world, it would be great to have a loader on site just for stacking after everything gets scraped. For me, the biggest advantage is when the property is done, I can fold in the wings and move on to the next. A loader would have to stay and a skid would have to get trailered.

20. Mark Oomkes

JMHO, but you could cut a lot of time off that lot if you don't stop at the end of each run. Turn around and do a big circle. No stopping and shifting. Clean up the piles at the end when the lot is finished. I bet you could cut a third of your time off doing it that way.

Nice vids. I envy the guys that have time to take vids and pics during storms. I don't have the time or am ever thinking about it.