1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

go pro newbie

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by icebreaker, Nov 6, 2015.

1. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Want to pull trigger on go pros for trucks seems like there are so many which one is the best and do they show date and time will be using it to make videos also to verify before and after videos of customers lots if that is even possible.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I run a "Original Dashcam" dual camera unit one forward, one rear. Uses mini SE card has a 'save " button, a decelerometer and the ability to mate with a GPS unit. You can swap out se cards, down load the information or use the Cam itself as a player to watch on TV or your computer.

I much prefer cellphone pictures before and after Emailed to myself and customers. Then there is a record though unaffiliated parties time stamping the pictures.

3. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Thanks for the help do you ever mount outside the truck? Does different colors mean anything are they different from one another

4. superdutypsd

superdutypsd Senior Member

I have a go pro 3 white edition, get any go pro hero 3 and up youll love it, i use mine everyday depend on size sd you put it is how long you can record you can also set it to record on loop they have there own wifi and all the recordings go to your phone you can also watch live feed on your phone you can pick the pixel clearity the hire the clarity less time recording i use 720p 30 frames per sec videos come out very clear you wanna get the frame mount so u can plug it in as your recording for long hours

5. superdutypsd

I run one any questions you got ask away and ill help you out

6. superdutypsd

I mount mine to dash inside if i mount it out side the truck for shots i use the clear water proof housing, there very easy to use and make it easy to edit your videos on the computer there software is free at there website i like that i can watch live feed on my iphone and control the camera when im not even in or around the teuck

7. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

8. superdutypsd

i got mine at walmart and everything you need and attachments are there, the camera comes with the fully inclosed and water proof housing some sticky mounts and the battery and charger, i picked up a extra battery and a frame mount for the dash in the truck. the only time i use the frame mount is when using the camera as a dash cam everyday, when i use the camera for thing else i used the full inclosed housing. the batteries last around 6 hours if nonstop recording and the wifi is on so when I'm using it as a dash cam i just plug it in