1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Go new Hiniker or used Snoway?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by zorro7, Sep 8, 2007.

1. zorro7

zorro7 Junior Member

Hey everyone. I'm from Vancouver BC Canada where, believe it or not, we don't get very much snow (maybe 2 weeks total snowfall). However when it does snow, it's usually wet and people pay out the nose to clear it before it freezes. Unfortunately I am the one usually clearing it via snow shovel/blower and where I work (movie production vehicle rentals) has a huge lot that was a mess. We paid out the nose. So I figured this year I'd get a plow. However. I'm the kind a guy that.....if I'm gonna get something that I can recoup my investment on, I'm gonna do it. I started my own O/O Transport and Truck Maintenance company that I am the sole employee. Therefore I figure if I'm gonna buy a plow, I may as well make a little money too and keep it within a highly professional level unlike some of the opportunistic skidsteer owners that work for cash, no receipt, and shody work ethic. Here's my dilema: I've been quoted $3795 for a new Hiniker 8' Trip Edge Poly delivered to my door. (Seems like a good deal, and no I won't tell you from where.:p ) I also have an opportunity to buy a used Snoway 9'1" V Plow Steel for $3000 plus $600 shipping. I don't think I need a V plow for what I want to do with it but it would still be nice to have. I don't like the uncertainty of buying a used plow especially from a distance. I'm leaning to the Hiniker. What do you guys think? Is the V plow worth the extra money for the little bit of snow I'll be dealing with? Thanks in advance. Lorenzo

P.S. Do any of you know of a better deal than the above mentioned Hiniker? <---- The more important question. :)
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Are those your only 2 options for your area? Haven't heard much good about the Hinikers, and I'm still not sold on the Snoway. Fisher is a pretty big name, and for good reason. No doubt you could also have a Fisher "shipped" as you say. They're an absolute dream to use. Give it a little thought & research

3. zorro7

zorro7 Junior Member

Not the only 2 options since their are really no options up here. No one will sell me a plow up here because I have an F350 Diesel. They won't warranty it. I also have a certain budget I want to stay in since I'm not going to make a career out of plowing snow. If so I'd have to move. We don't get much snow here at all. The price goes from 8' Hiniker delivered for $3795 to the next $4700 before delivery (usually $500 - $600). I just can't justify the extra $1500.
    Thanks for taking the time.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How used ?
  5. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

I would recycle the Hiniker, no matter how cheap.:nod: